Roch: Brach trade agreement in place

Greg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Anyone doubt the Mesa stuff is real now?

No doubt. I listened to DD today on 105.7. He seemed angered that people said it was a done deal. He said he was not even eligible to be signed. 

Total BS and I loved every minute of it.  

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Mlb network was shocked no players involved. “That’s it” for Brach?  

Brach has zero WAR this year. He had two good seasons.  They made him the closer last year and he imploded and has been pretty bad since. Not sure what the Braves see in him.  But 2 million dollars saved is a good trade.  Before when we wanted to trade guys like Brach we had to give up a comp pick. 

To get any value at all for Brach is a huge plus. After the year he is having I’m surprised anybody wanted him let alone willing to give up something for him plus take on his salary. Where do I sign hurry up before the Braves change their mind.

We certainly could have got more this past offseason. His pitching killed whatever trade value he had. I will take 2M+ in salary relief and some bonus pool money, as las we spend the pool money. Question, if we get Mesa and he flames out, do you think the organization will change philosophy again?

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We also got to unload Brach’s salary. The Braves sure do love former O’s. 

I Am shocked we didn’t get Flaherty back, half joking. Me thinks Buck is def gone. 

Archived