Who Goes Today?

weams

Who Goes Today?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Who Goes Today?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/18 at 16:02

21 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

How much value do they expect in return for a guy they aren't willing to extend?

Are you talking about Schoop? He has a TON of value. If they trade him it's because they're committed to the rebuild and/or suspect that he won't resign now that his BFF Manny is gone. And if they trade Gausman it's because they believe that he's hit his ceiling in terms of growth (whereas other teams may not). 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Smilin' Joe Fission said:

I also said no one for today.  But I could see one or two going before the August deadline.

I agree. Might see Valencia go before the August deadline. If they could trade Trumbo, that would solve so many issues (Davis/Mancini swap time between 1B and DH) - but I don't see it happening.

I think it's pretty clear no one else will be traded. Jones has his 10-5 rights and everyone can be traded in the offseason. And then there's Mark Trumbo who we wouldn't be able to give away. 

If anyone I would guess Schoop but I don't think it's happening.

Perhaps maybe a last minute deal to send Valencia somewhere for a C-level (35-40) prospect but I don't think the Orioles end up sending their controllable players.

None of the controllable players are at their peak value due to off years so it's better to either move them in the offseason after they hopefully have great second halfs or use them as next year's trading deadline chips.

3 minutes ago, Smilin' Joe Fission said:

I also said no one for today.  But I could see one or two going before the August deadline.

The Orioles could deal Bundy, Gausman and Schoop and position themselves with a top 5 farm system, but none of those guys clear waivers. Maybe Cashner, Trumbo, Jones or Valencia can slide past the deadline. 

There has been a lot of activity. I do not expect today to be quiet. I selected no trade today, but I think they may make a big one today. I think it could be Gausman to the Rockies.

20 minutes ago, Birdfan21 said:

Just a gut feeling Trumbo goes for next to nothing.  He doesn’t want to be here, they want to cut payroll, he does provide some power to a contender. If not today it’ll happen before next opening day. 

August deal maybe. 

22 minutes ago, Birdfan21 said:

Just a gut feeling Trumbo goes for next to nothing.  He doesn’t want to be here, they want to cut payroll, he does provide some power to a contender. If not today it’ll happen before next opening day. 

I would like to see this happen just to get that roster spot back.   Maybe we could pay half his salary that's left just to move him?   

30 minutes ago, Birdfan21 said:

The problem is the guaranteed money next year. gotta imagine for that to happen they'd need to eat some of that for it to happen. But I'd be willing to eat half his contract in order to get him off the team.

8 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

August deal maybe. 

This.  Trumbo will almost certainly pass thru revocable waivers.  Seems like a guy that a contender trades for in August due to an injury.  If a 1B or DH goes down, Trumbo is an ideal replacement for the playoff chase.

Archived