Will the Orioles trade more players in the off season or wait till July 2019?

Diehard_O's_Fan

Now that the smoke has cleared, do you think the Orioles will trade more players in the off season or wait till July 2019? Will the Orioles trade anymore of their starting pitchers? Is Bundy off limits? I am definitely surprised by all the trades. I had no clue what the Orioles were going to do. We still don't even know who is running the team. It sounds like Dan is but we don't know for sure.

Besides Bundy who left has any real trade value? Givens, and Cashner maybe, but beyond that there really isn't a whole lot left that will bring much of a return. 

I think in the off season DD should move whoever he can, no point in holding on to anyone else on the ML roster that has trade value.

Next chance for big deals I think is next years deadline. Last thing they want to do is rush arms up here. Cobb, Bundy and Cashner fill out 60% of the rotation. 

I think it is possible but doubtful Givens is dealt over the winter.  

If Cashner can bounce back, he could be worth something. If Bundy pitches like a #2, he could be a top target and bring big return at the deadline. Cobb would really need to do something special to be dealt next year with his salary right now. 

If any of the guys who are in the running for closer turn into a shutdown reliever, they could fetch a price. 

Otherwise, this team won't be worth much. 

Now that Gausman has been traded, I personally don't want to see anymore starting pitchers traded until someone good is able to replace them. The Orioles finally have a decent rotation for a change. We know to well what happens when you have a rotation full of question marks. It really makes me wonder if the Orioles traded Gausman mainly for salary purposes.

I still think Cashner and Cobb might be moved this winter.  Cashner's contract is reasonable, short, and he's not pitched all that badly.  Cobb will be a bit tougher, but if he continues to trend up for the next two months, it could happen.

Archived