New O's

Bahama O's Fan

5 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Phillips looked good.

Fastball 93-95 (which is a little lower than usual for him) with late life, good ride up in the zone. It misses bats. Was able to hit the glove with it a number of times, solid command.

Changeup 87-88 with decent armside fade, average pitch last night, which is the best I’ve seen it.

Only threw one slider, it looked like it slipped out of his hand.

Carroll was ok, FB 96-97 which is on the low side for him, pretty flat, slider was good but not the best I’ve seen from him.

was Carroll throwing a curve? I though I remember seeing a couple.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I haven’t gotten to see Phillips or Carrol?  What are they looking like other than the stat lines?

It’s pretty funny that Villar could have better results than Schoop over the course of the next 1.5 seasons Schoop will be there. 

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I haven’t gotten to see Phillips or Carrol?  What are they looking like other than the stat lines?

It’s pretty funny that Villar could have better results than Schoop over the course of the next 1.5 seasons Schoop will be there. 

I believe his 2016 season had a lot of similarities to Schoop's 2017 season.  We clearly bought low on Villar, who has a negative trend since then, compared to Schoop's positive trend (minus the first half of this season.). However, a lot of Brewers fans are pissed that they dealt Carmona in the deal, he's got a lot of potential down the line.  

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Phillips looked good.

Fastball 93-95 (which is a little lower than usual for him) with late life, good ride up in the zone. It misses bats. Was able to hit the glove with it a number of times, solid command.

Changeup 87-88 with decent armside fade, average pitch last night, which is the best I’ve seen it.

Only threw one slider, it looked like it slipped out of his hand.

Carroll was ok, FB 96-97 which is on the low side for him, pretty flat, slider was good but not the best I’ve seen from him.

I was thinking it was a slow gun. Both Carroll and Phillips were a bit slow. I really like what I saw with both. Nice clean deliveries with plus stuff. Villar has been pretty impressive so far. I just hope Buck let's him run.

13 minutes ago, mcneck said:

I was thinking it was a slow gun. Both Carroll and Phillips were a bit slow. I really like what I saw with both. Nice clean deliveries with plus stuff. Villar has been pretty impressive so far. I just hope Buck let's him run.

Supposedly Buck doesn't give the red light very often and lets players pick their own spots.

16 hours ago, mcneck said:

When the player actually knows how to steal (not just a matter of footspeed), it's seemed that Buck lets him go. For example, Gentry who's 21 for 28 stealing in very limited action over the last two seasons.

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

What ever happened to the stolen base in MLB? The leader this year has 30. It seems like not that long ago Ricky Henderson had 100. How have the rules changed since then? Or is it just different coaching?

The offensive environment changes the risk/reward cutoff for stolen bases.

Right now teams are hitting HR at a record pace.  A HR scores a guy from first as easily as from second so why risk losing a baserunner and an out?

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The offensive environment changes the risk/reward cutoff for stolen bases.

Right now teams are hitting HR at a record pace.  A HR scores a guy from first as easily as from second so why risk losing a baserunner and an out?

The cutoff used to be 78-80%, IIRC. Any idea what it is now?

6 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

What ever happened to the stolen base in MLB? The leader this year has 30. It seems like not that long ago Ricky Henderson had 100. How have the rules changed since then? Or is it just different coaching?

Villar with numero uno as an O after challenge on call at second.

Archived