The 'Boy Was I Wrong!' Thread

Greg Pappas

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Matos coulda been a contenda...

I thought LH was gonna make people eat their words. (And if he gets another chance, I think he still might ;-)

I was just *hoping* about Bigbie, mainly 'cause he looked like Chipper in the box. (Too bad he didn't hit like him.)

And, while I never believed he would be anybody, did anybody look like more of a baseball player while failing to get hits than Tony Tarasco?

I thought Tony Tarasco was going to catch that ball.....

This takes the cake! I think he did catch the ball! Maybe it was a hanging chad. I didn't mean to vote for Jeffrey Maier, I meant to vote for Pat Buchannan.

I'm still waiting for Luis Mercedes, winner of multiple minor league batting titles, to win his first American League one in an Orioles uniform. There's still time --the O's opening day right fielder in 1993 is only 40.

While I absolutely felt sickened, nauseated, disgusted when IMO the turncoat media forced Eddie Murray to be traded out of town following 1988, I absolutely bought the Juan Bell hype as his brother George was one of my all-time favorite players.

I'm still waiting for Luis Mercedes, winner of multiple minor league batting titles, to win his first American League one in an Orioles uniform. There's still time --the O's opening day right fielder in 1993 is only 40.

OMG, I forgot about him... king of the bloop triple... too bad he was insane...

Archived