Today's Game HOF nominees

WillyM

An article on the Orioles' website notes that a committee called the Today's Game committee has submitted a list of 10 nominees for the Hall of Fame.  These are separate from the Baseball Writers of America list of nominees.

I thought it was interesting that, although only one of the ten (Davey Johnson) played the bulk of his career for the Orioles, five of the other nine also appeared in an Oriole uniform at one time or another.  Those five are Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Will Clark, Lou Piniella (who appeared in four games as a pinch-hitter and pinch-runner), and Lee Smith.

Just now, WillyM said:

An article on the Orioles' website notes that a committee called the Today's Game committee has submitted a list of 10 nominees for the Hall of Fame.  These are separate from the Baseball Writers of America list of nominees.

I thought it was interesting that, although only one of the ten (Davey Johnson) played the bulk of his career for the Orioles, five of the other nine also appeared in an Oriole uniform at one time or another.  Those five are Harold Baines, Albert Belle, Will Clark, Lou Piniella (who appeared in four games as a pinch-hitter and pinch-runner), and Lee Smith.

No Grich?

I don't get it.

4 minutes ago, WillyM said:

Six, actually. Joe Carter is also on the ballot.

7 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Ever since the rumors he stole Christmas, he's been unfairly blackballed.  

We won't bring up the issue of his biceps suddenly doubling in size.    

No it was his heart that grew 3 sixes that day. 

Archived