Show Mike your support by going to FanFest

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/30/2018 at 9:52 AM, atomic said:

You have to pay $12 to get in or buy season tickets.  So it isn't free. And the line was literally that long the time I thought about going in.  Maybe I went at prime time but certainly not going to wait in a line that long. 

I truly find it hard to believe that the line was two miles long.

32 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

I can't imagine you going anywhere and not finding a reason to be disappointed.

In the last few years I have traveled to many different countries and I have enjoyed them all.  Been to a ton of places in the US as well and wasnt disappointed in any of them. I really like most things.  Orioles fanfest is not my idea of fun.  

54 minutes ago, weams said:

I don't think it goes that far. I think there are plenty of things in life he finds fulfilling. Just not the Orioles. 

I like the Flying Dog Beer stand, Boogs Barbecue, Dempseys Place, pretzels and Camden Yards. 

34 minutes ago, atomic said:

In the last few years I have traveled to many different countries and I have enjoyed them all.  Been to a ton of places in the US as well and wasnt disappointed in any of them. I really like most things.  Orioles fanfest is not my idea of fun.  

I was right then. 

13 hours ago, weams said:

You could film the "sheep" that are wasting their time and money  on the Orioles. 

Fanfest tickets last year went on sale on December 4th.  See when they go on sale this year. Not much buzz about it and the Orioles probably working on other things. I guess the Holiday 4 pack idea is not happening. Maybe something later in the year. I see the Orioles are not ahead of the curve on season ticket sales. Last year sent out invoices  on January 9th. Looks like five or six teams have not set pricing for 2019 season tickets and a few of those are taking deposits which the Orioles are not. Red Sox and Houston are a few of those teams that have not announced season ticket sales or pricing. Interesting and I think for the first time I can remember the Yankees have 9,12,16 and 20 game plans in 2019.  Cubs claim they have a  100,000 person waiting list for season tickets. which i find hard to believe. 

How many people are on the Cubs Season Ticket Holder Waiting List?

We currently have more than 100,000 people on the Cubs Season Ticket Holder Waiting List.

Angels are doing this,which is different.

1. Beginning in 2019, Angels Baseball will not accept any printed ticket for admission that is not printed by Angels Baseball on standard or commemorative ticket stock. All other tickets will be via mobile electronic delivery, and no printed tickets (such as pdf documents) will be accepted for entry.

As usual the Orioles will be one of the last teams to begin season ticket sales. Some teams are even selling single game tickets as of now. 

On 11/29/2018 at 10:13 PM, theocean said:

I think kids are just generally impressed by baseball players. When I was a kid, I thought Luis Matos was the best baseball player ever because I went to a game once and he made a great catch. I also probably thought BJ Surhoff was a first-ballot Hall of Famer. 

I had the same experience with Matos. I think he stole a home run over the center field wall, and I remember leaning over the bullpen railing and just seeing his glove pop over the wall and grab the ball. I spent so much time geeking out over Matos baseball cards and alerting my family to the future star on the Orioles. 

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Fanfest tickets last year went on sale on December 4th.  See when they go on sale this year. Not much buzz about it and the Orioles probably working on other things. I guess the Holiday 4 pack idea is not happening. Maybe something later in the year. I see the Orioles are not ahead of the curve on season ticket sales. Last year sent out invoices  on January 9th. Looks like five or six teams have not set pricing for 2019 season tickets and a few of those are taking deposits which the Orioles are not. Red Sox and Houston are a few of those teams that have not announced season ticket sales or pricing. Interesting and I think for the first time I can remember the Yankees have 9,12,16 and 20 game plans in 2019.  Cubs claim they have a  100,000 person waiting list for season tickets. which i find hard to believe. 

How many people are on the Cubs Season Ticket Holder Waiting List?

We currently have more than 100,000 people on the Cubs Season Ticket Holder Waiting List.

Angels are doing this,which is different.

1. Beginning in 2019, Angels Baseball will not accept any printed ticket for admission that is not printed by Angels Baseball on standard or commemorative ticket stock. All other tickets will be via mobile electronic delivery, and no printed tickets (such as pdf documents) will be accepted for entry.

As usual the Orioles will be one of the last teams to begin season ticket sales. Some teams are even selling single game tickets as of now. 

Good to know, thanks!  I will make my plans accordingly!  Mike, Sig and Co. deserve our earnest attention.  ⚾

I see again that the Oriole marketing department is not that forward thinking again this year. i heard they were going to do a Holiday pack but don't look like they are. Many teams do this as a way to sell tickets and people can give as a gift. The Royals are giving tickets to the Royal Fanfest with a holiday pack purchase. The Nationals are giving a holiday ornament with purchase.The Orioles will be hard pressed to draw fans this year. They need to be proactive and not be next to last to  sell season tickets and late on single game  tickets.

Archived