Show Mike your support by going to FanFest

Diehard_O's_Fan

I would like to encourage all of you guys that live in the Baltimore area to attend FanFest this year. I know the attendance will probably be down. However, in my opinion the attendance shouldn't be down that much. Oriole fans need to show Mike and Sig their support. This is an very exciting time to be an Orioles fan. The Orioles finally have cutting edge leadership for the first time since the Angelos family has owned the team. I would go to Fanfest in a second if I could. However, I live to far away.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

I would like to encourage all of you guys that live in the Baltimore area to attend FanFest this year. I know the attendance will probably be down. However, in my opinion the attendance shouldn't be down that much. Oriole fans need to show Mike and Sig their support. This is an very exciting time to be an Orioles fan. The Orioles finally have cutting edge leadership for the first time since the Angelos family has owned the team. I would go to Fanfest in a second if I could. However, I live to far away.

It might be interesting to someone without a family.  But who would the kids want to meet on the team?  When your GM is your biggest draw to Fanfest I think you are going to have problems drawing fans.  

I wonder if Davis doesn't show up again this year.  Really after last year when Machado, Schoop, Britton and Davis skipped out and guys like Hardy and Wieters gone it seems to have lost is allure.  If the players don't have to show up why should I?

Just now, atomic said:

It might be interesting to someone without a family.  But who would the kids want to meet on the team?  When your GM is your biggest draw to Fanfest I think you are going to have problems drawing fans.  

I wonder if Davis doesn't show up again this year.  Really after last year when Machado, Schoop, Britton and Davis skipped out and guys like Hardy and Wieters gone it seems to have lost is allure.  If the players don't have to show up why should I?

Depends on age. Young ones -- say under 12 -- are likely to be impressed by every one of them.

Or as unimpressed by every one of them as they would have been unimpressed by Machado et al.

Also, for families, there are numerous things to do other than get autographs.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Depends on age. Young ones -- say under 12 -- are likely to be impressed by every one of them.

Or as unimpressed by every one of them as they would have been unimpressed by Machado et al.

This. When I was a kid, we went to a ton of Frederick Keys games and i was all about getting their autographs and the vast majority never made it to the majors. As for the older kids, lets not undersell their intelligence. I know a 12 and 14 year old very well in tune with what's going on and excited by the changes that are happening to the organization with interest. Are they in the minority? Probably, but I think it all depends. Avid Orioles fans (regardless of age) should be excited by this year. I'd go if I didn't have a little one on the way around the same time and nearly 1,000 miles between me and Baltimore.

8 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I went a couple of times when I had season tickets and it was free. Found it to be pretty boring other than the stadium tour.  With no star players and having to pay I have better things to do with my time.     Car Show, Boat Show and Motorcycle show are all a lot more interesting.  

Just now, atomic said:

I went a couple of times when I had season tickets and it was free. Found it to be pretty boring other than the stadium tour.  With no star players and having to pay I have better things to do with my time.     Car Show, Boat Show and Motorcycle show are all a lot more interesting.  

Then maybe you meant to say it might be fun for families, but not interesting to people without families.

9 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Then maybe you meant to say it might be fun for families, but not interesting to people without families.

Well it wouldn't be interesting to my daughter.   Maybe if the players dressed up like Disney Princesses or something.  Or if we signed Gaston and he sang his song. 

4 hours ago, atomic said:

I think kids are just generally impressed by baseball players. When I was a kid, I thought Luis Matos was the best baseball player ever because I went to a game once and he made a great catch. I also probably thought BJ Surhoff was a first-ballot Hall of Famer. 

I think the only issue is when kids expect a player to be there and then he is not.

Archived