A look back: top 10 prospects from 2011

weams

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Whatever.  Look at other lists in the AL East.  How many collectively produced more than the three Orioles that made it?

Honestly, any list with Manny, Schoop and Givens isn’t half bad.   

As I recall, Tony thought the inclusion of Pelzer on this list was laughable.  

27 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Whatever.  Look at other lists in the AL East.  How many collectively produced more than the three Orioles that made it?

Brandon Snyder had an off an on MLB career for half a decade. Trey Mancini is not there yet. That list has a whole bunch of WAR on it. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

We were all very excited about Xavier Avery for awhile.

I always liked Hoes better.    Had tons of debate about their relative merits on the board.   They both ended up being extremely marginal.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

He has a very exciting name.

I liked Hoes better too. Avery didn't seem to have baseball instincts, IIRC. I do remember that he went off for 4-6 weeks and that had a lot of people here believing he was a stud prospect. I always think of him and temper my optimism about any prospect who has a 4-6 week hot streak. 

3 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I liked Hoes better too. Avery didn't seem to have baseball instincts, IIRC. I do remember that he went off for 4-6 weeks and that had a lot of people here believing he was a stud prospect. I always think of him and temper my optimism about any prospect who has a 4-6 week hot streak. 

Jim Traber says hi. (Okay, maybe that was 4-6 games).

And Jake Fox. (Yeah, I know--spring training doesn't count).

5 hours ago, weams said:

Brandon Snyder had an off an on MLB career for half a decade. Trey Mancini is not there yet. That list has a whole bunch of WAR on it. 

Agree about the WAR. That is not a bad list at all. 

Mancini has accumulated about 5.5 times as many at bats as Snyder. WAR is 2.5 versus .1. The 8th round pick smoked the first round pick. 

Archived