Orioles Entertainment?

AceKing

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

The Angelos brothers are such a breath of fresh air. I am glad they are running the team now. I hope they run the team for a long time.

I think they're just a breath of...air. Having their father run the team was like being stuck in a box with limited O2. 

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This will be Angelos reaction post concert in July.

With Peter it would be Van Halen.

They never took advantage of that, though there were efforts to do so. Orioles Entertainment, LLC was formed in 2004 — the same year the rock band Van Halen filed a lawsuit for damages of at least $2 million, alleging they'd agreed to a lucrative verbal deal with Orioles Entertainment for the first concert at Camden Yards before the team backed out.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-camden-yards-concert-20190109-story.html#nt=oft12aH-2gp2

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

My God, if that's not the most ultimate old man quote of all time, I don't know what is.  

It's my goal to use the word sundry in a sentence before the day is over.

I'm visualizing Angelos saying this on a newsreel from 1941, with Kenesaw Mountain Landis nodding in approval behind him.  I'm sure he'd have been fine with a 1930s big band and a crowd of dozens.  

4 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If the Orioles do Friday Fireworks and Music again this season I'd really like to see more diversity with the artists they book.  And they really need to try to get Lindsey Jordan. Her indie band really blew up this year and she's from/still lives in Ellicott City. She's also frequently photographed wearing an Orioles t-shirt. Seems like a no-brainer. 

https://www.baltimoremagazine.com/2018/5/25/lindsey-jordan-snail-mail-is-ready-for-her-close-up

Somebody knows what's up! 

Archived