Congratulations, Moose!

TonySoprano

What cap will be on Mussina's Cooperstown plaque?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What cap will be on Mussina's Cooperstown plaque?

This poll is closed to new votes

If he goes in with the O's hat, does 35 get retired? I mean every other HOF player the O's have had have their number retired and put out on Eutaw Street. Statue as well in center right? Or would he be the first O's HOF player without this honor? I'll assume no if he goes in with the MLB or NYY hat. What if he picks the O's though...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Nite said:

If he goes in with the O's hat, does 35 get retired? I mean every other HOF player the O's have had have their number retired and put out on Eutaw Street. Statue as well in center right? Or would he be the first O's HOF player without this honor? I'll assume no if he goes in with the MLB or NYY hat. What if he picks the O's though...

Its not his pick, he can provide the HOF with his desires, but the final choice is the HOF.

I think the animosity that Mussina feels, is towards Peter and not the Orioles. IMO

How much that is still there, will fuel his decision.

37 minutes ago, bobmc said:

He’d be smart to stick with the “I can’t choose” line and let the Hall decide.    Any choice he makes alienates a large group of fans.    I know I’d be totally pissed if he chose to go in as a Yankee, whereas if the Hall made that decision, I’d just shrug.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’d be smart to stick with the “I can’t choose” line and let the Hall decide.    Any choice he makes alienates a large group of fans.    I know I’d be totally pissed if he chose to go in as a Yankee, whereas if the Hall made that decision, I’d just shrug.    

I wonder how much love the Yankees have for Mussina.

In spite of the Mussina hate from Birdland, there is still lots of love for the guy here.

And I would also be pissed if he chooses Yankee pinstripes.

My guess, is that its 50-50 for the HOF to decide, as their is stats to back up both sides of the discussion.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looking back on it, it seems like he wanted to give Angelos the finger, something we've all wanted to do.  I can't hate it anymore.

He had very good reasons too, Angelos was really a hot mess as an owner.

I get it that Mussina is a jackass off the field and not a nice guy, those that knew him, said good riddance.

But, I watch him here for 10 years and he was one of the best pitchers I have seen personally in action.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

He had very good reasons too, Angelos was really a hot mess as an owner.

I get it that Mussina is a jackass off the field and not a nice guy, those that knew him, said good riddance.

But, I watch him here for 10 years and he was one of the best pitchers I have seen personally in action.

I dunno if he was a jackass off the field, I just think he was a hard guy to read.  

I really don't get the "he's dead to us" mentality with Mussina. Most of the people that feel this way probably never even met the guy so his off field personality shouldn't factor in. In this day and age when players use PEDs, beat their wives/girlfriends, etc. being kinda standoffish is pretty far down on the passing judgement list to me.  I mean Eddie Murray basically forced the team to trade him, but we don't vilify him. It seems like a double standard to me. I'll always remember Mussina for the competitor that he was. He was arguably the last true ace that this team had and I hope he chooses to go in as an Oriole. 

27 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Do you really think Mike Mussina cares about who he does/doesn't alienate? And I'm not saying that as a knock against him, it's just his personality. All of us "alienated" fans will be dead and buried in 50 years, but Mussina's bust will still be in the HOF regardless of what team he picks. 

It is interesting to me that despite pitching in far more meaningful games and getting far more exposure in NY, most media images and representations I see of Mussina show him with an Orioles cap.  The reports on MLB Network, his photo on Baseball Reference, multiple articles on ESPN.  Does it mean very much, no probably not.  Just find it interesting.

21 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Those that have met him, like Tony-OH, dont have kind words to say about him.

Who cares? Honestly. How do YOU feel about them? You're probably mostly ambivalent at the end of the day. Follow that instinct. Who cares if he was salty in the dugout to some media types? This is not something to judge character on. 

We gotta stop judging these players by what Media Person says about them. 

10 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I really don't get the "he's dead to us" mentality with Mussina. Most of the people that feel this way probably never even met the guy so his off field personality shouldn't factor in. In this day and age when players use PEDs, beat their wives/girlfriends, etc. being kinda standoffish is pretty far down on the passing judgement list to me.  I mean Eddie Murray basically forced the team to trade him, but we don't vilify him. It seems like a double standard to me. I'll always remember Mussina for the competitor that he was. He was arguably the last true ace that this team had and I hope he chooses to go in as an Oriole. 

Eddie was hated by some of the fans, which is why he demanded a trade out of town. We didnt have the internet then, so you called sports radio and complained

Archived