Orioles Hire Harford JUCO coach for minor league hitting coach

jrobb21613

Very happy for Tom. I am a pitching coach and former head coach in MDJUCO and experienced first hand for over a dozen years his team’s approach. I feel like we gave up most of the HR and BB but I suspect most of his opponents feel that way. He has taken a lot of grief for his style but he certainly stuck to his beliefs. Any idea where he’ll be? 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, MCO'sFan said:

Very happy for Tom. I am a pitching coach and former head coach in MDJUCO and experienced first hand for over a dozen years his team’s approach. I feel like we gave up most of the HR and BB but I suspect most of his opponents feel that way. He has taken a lot of grief for his style but he certainly stuck to his beliefs. Any idea where he’ll be? 

Not sure, the O’s have job postings for MiLB coaches up on job sites, but the affiliates aren’t specified.

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=46a558293cf1052a&from=serp

• Upvote 1

I think this hire points to the answer from an earlier thread, about a single stat for hitters that might correspond to Elias's focus on pitcher Ks: Walks. 

Actually both sides of that equation feature in Melewski's latest post on Kremer. Of course, HRs and extra-base hits won't hurt either, and it appears these are strengths of Eller's as well.