Buck Britton to manage AA

interloper

58 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

May be raising a family in Frederick and it works for him.

Quite possible.  It may say nothing at all about him as far as how he's viewed.  Maybe they think he's a good match for the players at that level and value him there.  If Elias didn't like him, he probably would have let him go.

I think I may have argued against myself.  Really just wondering how he is viewed within the organization and more widely within the game.

16 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Quite possible.  It may say nothing at all about him as far as how he's viewed.  Maybe they think he's a good match for the players at that level and value him there.  If Elias didn't like him, he probably would have let him go.

I think I may have argued against myself.  Really just wondering how he is viewed within the organization and more widely within the game.

We need an organizational mole

You wonder what the conversations were between Buck and Zach after Zach went to the Yankees and apparently was introduced to the importance of actual analytics?.and did they talk about it again in the leadup to the Elias hire as GM...

Zach was very positive in that article after his trade about the Astros analytics approach.. which was way before ME came on board here, 

I am glad to see the move....hopefully it will be another positive player development piece for us. 

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

You wonder what the conversations were between Buck and Zach after Zach went to the Yankees and apparently was introduced to the importance of actual analytics?.and did they talk about it again in the leadup to the Elias hire as GM...

Zach was very positive in that article after his trade about the Astros analytics approach.. which was way before ME came on board here, 

I am glad to see the move....hopefully it will be another positive player development piece for us. 

Yeah, I think Buck Britton is a natural coach and leader, I don't think he has had much of an analytical bent to this point. He is young, smart, and seems like the type who will adapt and learn. 

Just now, Luke-OH said:

Yeah, I think Buck Britton is a natural coach and leader, I don't think he has had much of an analytical bent to this point. He is young, smart, and seems like the type who will adapt and learn. 

I agree...And certainly smart enough to know and likely also hear it from his big brother about how analytics is done in Yankeeville and is the zeitgeist of the future if you want to have any shot at being a big league manager...and smart enough to see that wave coming here with the hiring of ME and crew...

Archived