Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

17 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Your hilarious.

You realize that his other options were Peterson or Gentry.

Seriously?

Either of those, would have made that much of a difference in the game?

Over a guy hitting .160?  Gentry would be better. Really at this point people are defending the stupidity of playing Chris Davis daily?  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think is funny how worked up people are over this.

The season is toast, so who gives a fork.

I have watched one game since the trade deadline. So I don't care too much. I  just don't see the reason to play him every day.  Play him 4 times a week at DH.  That should be enough.  Let's see if Mancini is a first baseman.  You can use the time to evaluate other players.  We know what we have in Davis.  

1 hour ago, LC_O's_87 said:

It's inevitable but I think Mullin's consistently good contact rate and strikeout rate give him a chance to avoid the type of swoon that a Mancini or a Schoop have had

Mullins has been prone to long slumps in the minors at times, so I do not expect him to be immune from them in the majors.    

15 minutes ago, atomic said:

I have watched one game since the trade deadline. So I don't care too much. I  just don't see the reason to play him every day.  Play him 4 times a week at DH.  That should be enough.  Let's see if Mancini is a first baseman.  You can use the time to evaluate other players.  We know what we have in Davis.  

1) This season is done...we owe him a lot of money. Give him every chance at becoming a useful player again.

2) If you are in the "we need the #1 pick" camp, then playing Davis is the right thing to do.

3) Believe it or not many casual fans go to games to see players they know. Machado, Schoop, O'Day, Tillman, Gausman are all gone. Many fans wearing Davis shirts in the stands.

23 minutes ago, osfan83 said:

1) This season is done...we owe him a lot of money. Give him every chance at becoming a useful player again.

2) If you are in the "we need the #1 pick" camp, then playing Davis is the right thing to do.

3) Believe it or not many casual fans go to games to see players they know. Machado, Schoop, O'Day, Tillman, Gausman are all gone. Many fans wearing Davis shirts in the stands.

Nobody is going to games to watch Chris Davis these days.    Maybe some masochist.   

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nobody is going to games to watch Chris Davis these days.    Maybe some masochist.   

I've been to 5 or 6 games so far this year, and as recently as Aug 12th I saw plenty of Davis shirts in the stands. Why are they wearing the shirts if they can't stand the guy? 

Just now, osfan83 said:

I've been to 5 or 6 games so far this year, and as recently as Aug 12th I saw plenty of Davis shirts in the stands. Why are they wearing the shirts if they can't stand the guy? 

Because they own them?    I see people wearing shirts of guys who haven’t played here in ten years.   

Anyway, I didn’t say people can’t stand Chris Davis.    I said they’re not going to games to watch Chris Davis play.    There’s a big difference between those two statements.  

I don't like watching him play, either.  But the Orioles are invested in trying to get him to return to form.

And that, for you posters who are pearl clutching at Davis playing, means...playing Davis.  I know we'd all be real excited to see Trey Mancini at first base for some dumb reason but the Orioles want to see if Davis can get anywhere close to being a productive player again.  As they should, they still owe him a lot of money for a lot of years.

But let's not let logic get in the way of a good emotional rant about having to watch him flail away each night.

I bought one of his white game jerseys in the warehouse store before he signed the big contract for around $100 if my memory is correct.  I wore it to two games and they lost big in both of them and I have not worn it since.  The Royals it appears are trying to beat us to the #1 pick so maybe I'll take it out of my closet and wear it a few more times. I still have tickets to four or five more games.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Because they own them?    I see people wearing shirts of guys who haven’t played here in ten years.   

Anyway, I didn’t say people can’t stand Chris Davis.    I said they’re not going to games to watch Chris Davis play.    There’s a big difference between those two statements.  

I’ve seen people wearing Ray Rice jerseys this year.