Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Camden_yardbird

34 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

True.   He'll get one of those balls to fall in soon. 

This was his night to get a hit. None of the pitchers he faced so far tonight throw 90. And Davis hit a few balls somewhat hard, but right at LF. Still, everyone else in the lineup is hitting the ball hard too. 

27 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

o

That's somewhat similar to what the announcers on Monday Night Baseball said July of 1978, when George Scott had gone 0-for-25 before hitting a single to rightfield. They said, "They start to get on you, then if it continues for an extended period of time, they start to get back to supporting/encouraging you."

I remember in his next plate appearance, Scott argued with the umpire after he walked on a 3-1 pitch ........ he growled "that was a strike" before walking to first base.

I looked it up, and sure enough, that is what happened in that game, on that date ........ Scott hit a single to rightfield in the 7th inning to break the 0-for-25 streak, and then he walked in the 8th.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/BOS/BOS197807310.shtml

o

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I do feel for Davis, but he's not in prison or being held hostage. He can retire at anytime. He can stop this if he really wants it to stop.

I sometimes wonder if they Orioles are trying to keep him out there so he gets so embarrassed that he either a) quits or b) resorts to a PED and gets popped. Both would save them some big dough.

Regardless, I'm glad the fans aren't booing tonight. Those fans that are booing are probably the same one that called Angelos cheap and demanded we sign him. When we signed him, I remember thinking, "I guess I'm happy for now but all of the stats indicate this doesn't end well."

8 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

I sometimes wonder if they Orioles are trying to keep him out there so he gets so embarrassed that he either a) quits or b) resorts to a PED and gets popped. Both would save them some big dough.

Regardless, I'm glad the fans aren't booing tonight. Those fans that are booing are probably the same one that called Angelos cheap and demanded we sign him. When we signed him, I remember thinking, "I guess I'm happy for now but all of the stats indicate this doesn't end well."

Davis always had holes in his swing even when he was hitting 50 HRs. The Ks were always too high. It was all there and you thought that baseball professionals would have seen it coming.

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

Davis always had holes in his swing even when he was hitting 50 HRs. The Ks were always too high. It was all there and you thought that baseball professionals would have seen it coming.

Yes but by all accounts, baseball professionals had nothing to do with signing him. 

Just now, TGO said:

Yes but by all accounts, baseball professionals had nothing to do with signing him. 

Most of people on here wanted Davis resigned.  I was against it as he just hit .196 a year earlier and was suspended for drug usage.  

But hey we all make mistakes. I wanted the team to sign Prince Fielder. 

• Upvote 1