Orioles Sign Alicides Escobar to MiL Deal

Rene88

6 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

This is where I am. No way should a 32 year old terrible player be starting over a list of guys we already have.

Yep and I don’t think he will be, I think beat reporters just get caught up in ”veteranosity” in how they characterize things.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Yep and I don’t think he will be, I think beat reporters just get caught up in ”veteranosity” in how they characterize things.

Not sure how anyone, beat reporter or otherwise, would assume that a guy signed to a MiL deal has the inside track to start OD. 

47 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

This is where I am. No way should a 32 year old terrible player be starting over a list of guys we already have.

I'm with you.  I know it's only $700K but after picking up over half a dozen infielders via the waiver wire, minor league free agency, and the Rule V Draft this off-season, this seems totally superfluous.  I can't imagine the analytic motivation behind this.

9 minutes ago, terphoopsfan said:

This is a big nothing burger right now. He's insurance in case Martin/Jackson show they aren't ready plus he's spent some time at 3B. I'd be more concerned if I was Ruiz, Wilkerson, Alberto and maybe Nunez about his signing. It's not like he's really blocking anyone so relax.

This is what I think too.

4 hours ago, rudyrooster said:

Seems like they are bringing him to spring training as a low-cost insurance policy.  Just in case the 2 Rule 5 picks fall apart in spring camp.  MIL deal.  I'm okay with it.  Competition, competition, competition.

Exactly.   

Archived