Electric Stuff

wildcard

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t put much stock into early spring training outings, but I’m into getting outs and not allowing a double, a homer and two fly outs in five batters.  I’m glad velocity is good but if they’re squaring it up it really doesn’t matter.    

Really?  You are going to complaint about Harvey's first out?   Gessh.    If  the hitters know a fastball is coming  they have a decent chance to hit it.  When he starts mixing his 96 mph fastball with his plus curve and his new splitter then it will get interesting. 

Give the kid a break.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Really?  You are going to complaint about Harvey's first out?   Gessh.    If  the hitters know a fastball is coming  they have a decent chance to hit it.  When he starts mixing his 96 mph fastball with his plus curve and his new splitter then it will get interesting. 

Give the kid a break.

I’m sick and tired of hearing phrases like electric stuff and getting all hyped up about a guy.   It’s nothing personal about Harvey.    Just wake me up when he’s healthy and getting good results in the major leagues.    

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Zing!

In all seriousness, I'm happy he hit 98 without his arm falling off.  Let's see if he can throw 10 more pitches.  

I want to be clear: I’m by no means writing off Harvey.   I’m just tired of hearing the hype.    Even when he was healthy last year, he threw to a 5.57 ERA in AA.   Show me some results and I don’t want to hear one more thing about his “electric stuff.”

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I want to be clear: I’m by no means writing off Harvey.   I’m just tired of hearing the hype.    Even when he was healthy last year, he threw to a 5.57 ERA in AA.   Show me some results and I don’t want to hear one more thing about his “electric stuff.”

I'm with you, totally understood.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

He pretty much stayed with the 96-98 mph fastball in his first outing according to Melewski.   Hope he comes out of it healthy.

Yeah, sounded like it he was mainly just throwing fastballs. Perhaps only one off speed pitch today. 

He wasn’t pitching today, he was getting work in. Still needs to comman better obviously.  

Archived