Yusniel Diaz is very impressive

wildcard

9 minutes ago, theocean said:

You every play sports on a team? If you give 150 percent every day your body would fall apart before the season is over. Unless you do PEDs.

I did and though I wasn’t  that good I always gave max effort that so much so that the coach would tell the guys how much better they would be if the played with the heart that I did. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That's a good way to pull an oblique!

I'd be happy if they gave it 92% 98% of the time.  The other 2% I'd like to see them give 100%.

I want all the guys whose 92% is equal to all the other guys 150%.

It was taught to me at a very young age that the way you practice is the way you play at game time. Always be willing to go the extra mile and be willing to do what others won’t. I find it annoying that people will accept anything less than 100% especially from athleles being paid millions to play a kids game. 

6 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

It was taught to me at a very young age that the way you practice is the way you play at game time. Always be willing to go the extra mile and be willing to do what others won’t. I find it annoying that people will accept anything less than 100% especially from athleles being paid millions to play a kids game. 

The thing is actual 100% at all times isn't sustainable.  You have to pace yourself.  It sounds good but it isn't possible.

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I don't think you'll find too many posters here who respect a sense of entitlement coming from richly compensated athletes.  A grade three hamstring pull in a meaningless spring training game is just as likely to call into question a player's judgement as his desire though.

1 hour ago, jrobb21613 said:

Not saying that he’s not but I’d like to see him and everybody else giving it 150 percent all day everyday from the first day of camp til the last day of the season and if he’s not I’d like to give his roster spot to the guy who is. I want guys on this team who are always giving max effort no matter what and I hope Hyde and Elias do to. Because without star power we’re only going to win if we out hustle other teams and do the little things right. 

Villar is a pro, he knows how to get himself ready. 

24 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

The thing is actual 100% at all times isn't sustainable.  You have to pace yourself.  It sounds good but it isn't possible.

LeBron James is the perfect example:

https://www.totalprosports.com/2018/05/08/lebron-says-hes-learned-how-to-rest-while-playing/

During the regular season, LeBron’s average speed was 3.85 mph. Anybody who’s ever seen him explode to the basket or pull off a chase-down block knows he is anything but slow. However, that average speed is one of the slowest in the NBA. LeBron’s 3.85 mph average is in the bottom 10 in the league among players who averaged at least 20 minutes per game. And in the playoffs LeBron’s average speed is even lower, clocking in at 3.69 mph.

How does LeBron keep his average speed so slow while finding a way to average 34.3 points, 9.4 rebounds, and 9.0 assists per game? By walking as much as possible.

During the regular season, LeBron spent 74.4% of his time on the court walking, which is in the top 10 in the league. During the playoffs he’s walking 78.7% of the time.

1 hour ago, jrobb21613 said:

I did and though I wasn’t  that good I always gave max effort that so much so that the coach would tell the guys how much better they would be if the played with the heart that I did. 

Did you happen to play football for Notre Dame in the mid 70’s? 

Archived