TT: Spring training takes 2/24

Tony-OH

11 minutes ago, scOtt said:

I know the name but not much else. Checked his stats (after 2 quick Ks) Why didn't Kline pitch in 2016 and 17?

Tommy John

• Mar 21, 2017 at 7:15 pm ET • 1 min read
  •  

Kline (elbow) underwent follow-up arthroscopic surgery on his throwing elbow last week, Steve Melewski of MASNsports.com reports.

The surgery is a follow-up to the Tommy John procedure that Kline underwent in October 2015. The report goes on to state that the 25-year-old will resume his throwing program in three to four weeks. With his recent procedure, it appears that Kline will not be ready for the beginning of the regular season.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Can't wait to hear from Tony.

Kline was the star of the game with just a filthy fastball,  slider combination. Rio Ruiz hit a bomb and had another nice PA drawing a walk. I like his swing a bit. 

I like Drew Jackson's bat, but not sure he's a major league SS defensively. 

Unfortunately not only did Chris Davis look like 2018 Chris Davis during the game, his BP was not very impressive either. 

Worse BP of the day? Eric Young Jr. by far. If I would have seen that BP in the minors I would have NP'd him. Maybe he's still getting the rust off.

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Kline was the star of the game with just a filthy fastball,  slider combination. Rio Ruiz hit a bomb and had another nice PA drawing a walk. I like his swing a bit. 

I like Drew Jackson's bat, but not sure he's a major league SS defensively. 

Unfortunately not only did Chris Davis look like 2018 Chris Davis during the game, his BP was not very impressive either. 

Worse BP of the day? Eric Young Jr. Bu far. If I would have seen that BP in the minors I would have NP'd him. Maybe he's still getting the rust off.

Thank for sharing.  I look forward to your insight from camp.

I am real stoked about Kline.   If he pitches like that he has to come north with the team.

Jackson's arm is impressive from what I saw yesterday and what I have read. I think the O's keep him as a utility guy and he is in line to take over 2B when Villar is traded in July.  He looks like he has an arm comparable to Schoop.

Young has never been that much of a hitter.   If he makes the team its for his defense and speed.  I think he is Norfolk's CFer.

Archived