Reasons to keep Chris Davis on the roster

FanSince88

1) Help the Angelos family avoid admitting defeat just a bit longer

2) Perhaps Davis will suffer a career ending injury that will convince the insurance company to cover some of his remaining salary

3) [Well, golly gee, maybe Chris will "bounce back" this year and we can trade him!!] --- This would NEVER happen even if Davis did "bounce back"...he'd still be owed 75 million and still have the worst season in MLB history in his recent history.  But keep dreaming, I guess

4) He can "help" us get the number one draft pick in 2020!  

In case it wasn't obvious, I don't consider any of these good reasons.  Cut him.  Now.  

6 minutes ago, FanSince88 said:

1) Help the Angelos family avoid admitting defeat just a bit longer

2) Perhaps Davis will suffer a career ending injury that will convince the insurance company to cover some of his remaining salary

3) [Well, golly gee, maybe Chris will "bounce back" this year and we can trade him!!] --- This would NEVER happen even if Davis did "bounce back"...he'd still be owed 75 million and still have the worst season in MLB history in his recent history.  But keep dreaming, I guess

4) He can "help" us get the number one draft pick in 2020!  

In case it wasn't obvious, I don't consider any of these good reasons.  Cut him.  Now.  

They have provided a rant forum.

He’s a fan favorite especially amongst the casual fan he’s their favorite Oriole. However I’m not sure that should keep him on the team. 

If he misses significant time due to his hip issue this spring will he break camp with the team or stay down for extended spring training. If so could the smaller camp size which I’m sure would result in the ability of more individual attention might benefit Davis. To the best of my knowledge no one on the new staff had the opportunity to work with David this offseason so extended spring would provide that and hopefully they have seen something that he needs to change and he’s willing to adapt and put in the work.

Did we really need another “Chris Davis sucks” thread?    

And jrobb21613, what are you smoking?   Chris Davis is a “fan favorite” at this point?    I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the witness protection program when he’s not in uniform.  

9 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

He’s a fan favorite especially amongst the casual fan he’s their favorite Oriole. However I’m not sure that should keep him on the team. 

If he misses significant time due to his hip issue this spring will he break camp with the team or stay down for extended spring training. If so could the smaller camp size which I’m sure would result in the ability of more individual attention might benefit Davis. To the best of my knowledge no one on the new staff had the opportunity to work with David this offseason so extended spring would provide that and hopefully they have seen something that he needs to change and he’s willing to adapt and put in the work.

Fixed that for you ?

He’s a fan favorite especially amongst the casual fan he’s their favorite Oriole assuming they have been comatose since 2015.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Did we really need another “Chris Davis sucks” thread?    

And jrobb21613, what are you smoking?   Chris Davis is a “fan favorite” at this point?    I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s in the witness protection program when he’s not in uniform.  

Lol... I know I know I have tough time believing it but I see it daily on my Facebook page friends of mine and others who are casual fans still gushing over him majority of which are woman though and It’s probably not his b-ball play their gushing over. 

4 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Lol... I know I know I have tough time believing it but I see it daily on my Facebook page friends of mine and others who are casual fans still gushing over him majority of which are woman though and It’s probably not his b-ball play their gushing over. 

Maybe there is a parallel universe where Davis is still raking 40 bombs a year. And us on OH are in the wrong timeline. 

Archived