2nd round of cuts?

wildcard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

I would think Mountcastle would stick around until next cuts.

I don’t think so.   He has no chance of making the team, and it will be about time to give the at bats to those who are actually in competition for a spot.    

1 hour ago, Beef Supreme said:

OK. What time will cuts be announced?

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think they’ve said.    Monday is an off-day and probably the most likely day to make cuts.   

I know the old regime usually announced them after games. So there could be movement after the Phillies game tomorrow too.

2 minutes ago, oriole said:

Good guess with the pitchers. I think Wilkerson sticks around though. Hyde seems to be big into versatility and might want to get a longer look at how Wilkerson does around the field.

Jackson and Peterson are having good springs as utility players.  Wilkerson has not hit well so far this spring.  With Ruiz playing well at 3B and hitting,  Nunez looks more like a 1B/DH/3B player.

11 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Jackson and Peterson are having good springs as utility players.  Wilkerson has not hit well so far this spring.  With Ruiz playing well at 3B and hitting,  Nunez looks more like a 1B/DH/3B player.

I think Wilkerson has almost no chance to make the team.   He has options and will be stashed in the minors.  But he may survive this round of cuts just because he’s versatile and can be used late in games when the O’s want to get others off the field.   

3 hours ago, Beef Supreme said:

I would think Mountcastle would stick around until next cuts.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think so.   He has no chance of making the team, and it will be about time to give the at bats to those who are actually in competition for a spot.    

Apparently Mountcastle isn’t ready to leave major league camp.   3 for 3 with a homer and 4 RBI so far today and we’re only in the fourth inning.  

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Apparently Mountcastle isn’t ready to leave major league camp.   3 for 3 with a homer and 4 RBI so far today and we’re only in the fourth inning.  

Wonder if they keep him around to get him a look at some better competition before cutting him.

Archived