2nd round of cuts?

wildcard

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Apparently Mountcastle isn’t ready to leave major league camp.   3 for 3 with a homer and 4 RBI so far today and we’re only in the fourth inning.  

This is  a  perfect times to send him down on a high note.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

He’s not likely to make the team and can get everyday at bats in minor league camp. Get him better acquainted with minor league staff. 

You said it well. 

Keep in mind last spring game is 2 weeks from Monday. Need to give most at bats to players going North. 

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

Does Peterson have a chance to make the team? He was really bad last year but that was with the old management so maybe that doesn’t mean anything?

Someone will have to get injured for him to make it.

Just now, wildcard said:

Someone will have to get injured for him to make it.

That’s my thought as well. Someone, and more than one. If that’s true, then he should go now and let the true candidates get bigger auditions. Ruiz or Nunez or Escobar is the big “?” IMO.

Just now, Philip said:

That’s my thought as well. Someone, and more than one. If that’s true, then he should go now and let the true candidates get bigger auditions. Ruiz or Nunez or Escobar is the big “?” IMO.

Peterson can play 1B.   With Davis out and if Wilkerson goes down they will have Mancini, Nunez and Peterson.

4 hours ago, eddie83 said:

You said it well. 

Keep in mind last spring game is 2 weeks from Monday. Need to give most at bats to players going North. 

Do we really need to give Davis some at bats in the spring.   I think we all know the outcome already atleast give the fans something to watch and enjoy before we are forced to watch him for 400at bats.

33 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Do we really need to give Davis some at bats in the spring.   I think we all know the outcome already atleast give the fans something to watch and enjoy before we are forced to watch him for 400at bats.

In Davis’s defense he spent much of the offseason practicing looking at the ball, rather than off into space.

23 hours ago, wildcard said:

The next round of cuts should be happening either Sunday or Monday.   Here is my guess:

Bostick, Mountcastle, Cervenka, Wilkerson

Schultz, Ortiz, Gilmartin, Tate

What do you think?

20 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I know the old regime usually announced them after games. So there could be movement after the Phillies game tomorrow too.

:disco:

18 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Looking at the ball on every pitch would be an improvement for Davis.

When you decide you aren't going to be swinging before the pitch is even thrown, why even look at the ball?

Clearly what's going on during those pitches IMO. 

Archived