Alex Cobb named Opening Day starter

Going Underground

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Are you trying to tell me the prior brain trust that traded for international slot money that went unused might have not been the most trade savvy?

I will not pile on here until the prospects we got have sufficient time to show what they can or can’t do.    Like many, I’m not too wild about the Gausman deal, but let me see how Encarnacion and the others are looking by the end of the year.   Same with the other deals.    

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I will not pile on here until the prospects we got have sufficient time to show what they can or can’t do.    Like many, I’m not too wild about the Gausman deal, but let me see how Encarnacion and the others are looking by the end of the year.   Same with the other deals.    

You are right, if things go poorly for Diaz and Pop is hurt the Machado deal will look much worse.

Joking aside, any idea how Pop is throwing?

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think the Orioles got some good players in the trades last year, but the Gausman deal isn’t looking very promising.

I agree with that last statement. Hopefully we see more of the Cobb that ended the year last year then the one who started the year. I really hope that having a full Spring Training helps him this year. 

As for Cashner, I have absolutely no faith in him and who knows if Bundy will ever get his stuff together.

5 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

It still amazes me that all the trades we made last year didn't produce a single young pitcher who was good enough to battle for a rotation spot in spring training. 

That must be because you over valued our trade pieces.

1 hour ago, jabba72 said:

It makes sense, since there were only two other options, and I highly doubt Cashner was being considered. It was either Bundy or Cobb. Yes the Gausman trade is looking like a waste of assets. 

And I'm guessing Bundy will pitch the home opener on the 4th.   Which means he'll probably go Saturday the 30th in NY.

11 minutes ago, SteveA said:

And I'm guessing Bundy will pitch the home opener on the 4th.   Which means he'll probably go Saturday the 30th in NY.

I was thinking same thing. 

That said Cashner went today and Bundy tomorrow. They both are on a 5 day schedule right now. Last spring game is 25th. 

Bundy’s last start would be 24th and Cashner 23rd. Have to see if he keeps them in order next time out. 

10 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

That must be because you over valued our trade pieces.

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Or because they bundled O'Day with Gausman.

Both of these are correct. I really hope Cobb, Bundy, Cashner, and Givens, have worked on enough things in ST. 

Archived