Let's guess the bullpen

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Are you sure about Rio Ruiz being optioned?  I don’t see it on the transaction list for us?  Just making sure. Thanks. 

It has not happened yet. Its my guess based on the way Elias is treating players with service time issues.   Sorry if I miss led you into thinking  he was already sent down.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

They sent Ruiz down for service time issues.   Nunez is the starting 3B.  

I doubt Ruiz was sent down for service time issues.   He has 109 days of service already.    He’d have to be in the minors until the end of July to finish with less than a full year.   No sense in keeping a player down that long if he’s your best option.   

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I doubt Ruiz was sent down for service time issues.   He has 109 days of service already.    He’d have to be in the minors until the end of July to finish with less than a full year.   No sense in keeping a player down that long if he’s your best option.   

Plus they have Drew Jackson taking up a spot.  More time to evaluate his viability also and Nunez has no options.

11 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think they will do just that.  Their focus in on next year and beyond.  They really don't care about winning this year thus service time issues are more important than who is the better player in 2019.  

10 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Will Wright get the fifth spot in the rotation?  I think he is starting the year as an Oriole.  Whether he ends the year in the organization is up for grabs.

I agree. Starter. 

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think they will do just that.  Their focus in on next year and beyond.  They really don't care about winning this year thus service time issues are more important than who is the better player in 2019.  

You are one of the best posters on the board, but I think you’re going over the top on this service time thing.    First it was Means, Hess, Ramirez and Rogers, and now it’s Ruiz.     Ruiz will be 25 this season, and has failed to establish himself in three partial major league seasons.   I doubt our front office is worried about him being eligible for free agency in 2025.   He’s not the next Manny Machado, or even the next Jonathan Schoop.   

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You are one of the best posters on the board, but I think you’re going over the top on this service time thing.    First it was Means, Hess, Ramirez and Rogers, and now it’s Ruiz.     Ruiz will be 25 this season, and has failed to establish himself in three partial major league seasons.   I doubt our front office is worried about him being eligible for free agency in 2025.   He’s not the next Manny Machado, or even the next Jonathan Schoop.   

If you look at what the Astros did, they traded many of the players in the system to up grade their organization.   Ruiz may not be a superstar but he could play for the O's for several years and then be traded.  Service time could be an issue in the future.  If you look at his defense and his ability to hit righthanded pitching his numbers look a lot better than when lefties are included. 

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

If you look at what the Astros did, they traded many of the players in the system to up grade their organization.   Ruiz may not be a superstar but he could play for the O's for several years and then be traded.  Service time could be an issue in the future.  If you look at his defense and his ability to hit righthanded pitching his numbers look a lot better than when lefties are included. 

I just think the explanation for Ruiz being sent down is much simpler than any service time conplexities.    Nunez is out of options, and Ruiz isn’t.   Martin and Jackson have to make the team or be put through waivers and offered back to their original clubs.    So Ruiz is the odd man out.   

Archived