Big day for Hess

wildcard

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I’m thinking positive.    Hess won’t get rocked today.    He’ll pitch well.

5 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 2 K’s.    Coughed up two solo homers in the first two innings, but otherwise did well.  

4 hours ago, wildcard said:

If he get rocked does it take him out of the rotation competition?    Rogers and Wright fighting for a rotation spot.

Doesn't the season start in two days? I would think they already have their rotation spots picked out. 

7 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Doesn't the season start in two days? I would think they already have their rotation spots picked out. 

For us, the season starts a week from today.    Most other teams are starting on Tuesday.    

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Something just feels wrong about the season starting before the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA tournament. (Regular season games played overseas are different.)

I liked it when the National Championship would be played Monday night and the O’s would have their opener on Tuesday.    That was a nice segue.    

I realized a couple of days ago that my first O’s tickets are on the night of the NCAA final — not good!

Best thing about today’s game for Hess:   5 IP in 58 pitches.    He’s been a guy who has trouble keeping his pitch count down, but today was a departure.    More games like that, please!

As an aside, the last turn through our four incumbent starters has been pretty good:

Cobb 5 IP 3 R

Cashner 5 IP 1 R

Bundy 5.1 IP 1 R

Hess 5 IP 2 R

Cobb’s outing was better than the final line indicates.     He allowed 3 runs with 2 outs and bases empty in the 5th, after holding Toronto hitless to that point and striking out 8.    

4 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Looks like Hess and Wright are going to be the fourth and fifth starters.  The other candidates have either been optioned or have had their innings reduced in game. 

All we need is for one former Astro to be DFA over the next seven days and Mike Wright will be heading to the pen.

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Best thing about today’s game for Hess:   5 IP in 58 pitches.    He’s been a guy who has trouble keeping his pitch count down, but today was a departure.    More games like that, please!

As an aside, the last turn through our four incumbent starters has been pretty good:

Cobb 5 IP 3 R

Cashner 5 IP 1 R

Bundy 5.1 IP 1 R

Hess 5 IP 2 R

Cobb’s outing was better than the final line indicates.     He ceded 3 runs with 2 outs and bases empty in the 5th, after holding Toronto hitless to that point and striking out 8.    

@OFFNY is that you?  I don't know about y'all but I'm inspired and setting my calendar to 3/28, 1:05 to watch in earnest!  ?

Archived