Vegas: O’s are 2000-1 shot, over/under at 58.5

Frobby

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

So I could be 20,000 and get $10 back on my investment if they don't make the World Series? I guess punting the 20k in a CD would make more. Sure things don't pay well. 

Yeah, you don't want $20k sitting on the sidelines for seven months not working just to get that minuscule return.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FanSince88 said:

A high school football team has a better chance at beating Alabama than the Orioles do at winning the World Series.  

In 2015-16 Leicester City won the Premier League after having been 5000:1 underdogs to start the season.  

The Orioles certainly have a better shot than your high school team against Alabama. The best high school team would be hundreds of spots below Alabama in a world-wide football team ranking.

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Scout’s takes were interesting, especially about Davis.    

The scout's takes were very interesting and a worthwhile read.  It's a pity whoever wrote the headline doesn't own a dictionary.  The Orioles are hapless now?  Luck had nothing to do with the O's current situation.

57 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

In 2015-16 Leicester City won the Premier League after having been 5000:1 underdogs to start the season.  

The Orioles certainly have a better shot than your high school team against Alabama. The best high school team would be hundreds of spots below Alabama in a world-wide football team ranking.

Plus they won’t get to play Alabama.....

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Scout’s takes were interesting, especially about Davis.    

Yeah, that was a really interesting piece. I loved how the scout told it like it was. That's what's great about talking to them. They don't sugar coat it.

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

You really have never seen a throwaway comment that you didn't want to analyze, have you? :D

My only question is whether the Alabama football team could beat the 2019 Orioles at baseball. I bet they'd have better pitching.

All we need is to transfer N'Golo Kanté, Riyad Mahrez, and Jamie Vardy to the Orioles and we will be golden.  

I would take the O's. To put those odds in perspective, Vegas is offering about 40x less return than a 6 month CD, which is about the safest investment on the planet. The O's have to have a better chance than the US banking system collapsing 40 times in the next 6 months!

Archived