The Silver Lining Report: Game 1/162

interloper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the idea. We need to focus on some positive things with this team. And as is already noted, there were a number of things. I’d even add Davis. He made a pretty good snag and I thought his at bats looked ok even if the result wasn’t. 

Another positive: we're one day closer to picking Adley Rutschman. 

Another positive, OSU commit Mick Abel is a good looking RHP for the 2020 draft.  This Portland area kid is throwing mid 90s as a junior and has climbed into fan graphs top 5 for 2020.  

Yes, I'm a big Oregon State baseball fan :)

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Love the idea. We need to focus on some positive things with this team. And as is already noted, there were a number of things. I’d even add Davis. He made a pretty good snag and I thought his at bats looked ok even if the result wasn’t. 

He had some legitimately bad calls against him. Sometimes I think umps subconsciously just figure they'll call close pitches strikes on him since striking out is what he does. He swung the bat for the most part, which is what I'd rather see him do. Saw a good number of pitches.

7 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Well done, @interloperthis should go a long way in making things tolerable this year.

I will add...Thorne/Palmer. Not sure how much longer we'll have that pair, so savor it.  

Yup, it's not going to be too much longer I'm sure. Love those guys. Soak it up y'all!

Archived