Orioles Wright the Ship, win 5-3

mdbdotcom

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Wright has always had the makeup to be a closer but can he put it together...

If Wright gets more dependable, and noone in the group gets traded for a while, I'd rather see Wright and Bleier (depending on the handedness of upcoming batters) set up for Givens. 

And I recognize that's a giant if. 

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pissed that I missed the game today, glad to see that there were some good performances.

I missed the telecast as well. I was driving and had the pleasure of listening to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman for most of the game, so I'm not sure how closely what I heard resembled the game itself.

I did learn that when the NYYs are down two runs, a baserunner followed by a HR will tie the game. Now that gave me something to think about the seventh or eighth time around.

I also got to hear quite a lot about how strange it was that Waldman's headset snapped on the very first day she wrote it. Can you believe that happened? Some high drama there.

I watched the game on tv. Mike Wright was not good. In any way.

He fell behind to batters, and he missed his spots by a lot. Multiple times I watched Sucre set up low and outside with his glove and Wright's pitch ended up high and in. That means he was missing his spot by feet. Like, measure how much he missed his spot with a yardstick. That's not good.

The bloop that Luke Voigt hit was one of those. Sucre set up low and outside, and Voigt had to collapse his arms on his swing and hit it chest high to bloop it in.

He had a good day and I’m very happy for him.    I wouldn’t trust him to do it consistently.

His first strikeout I thought the pitch was in a hittable spot, but Stanton swung through it.    The second one was very legit though. And he was hitting 96-97.   

49 minutes ago, Carllamy said:

I watched the game on tv. Mike Wright was not good. In any way.

He fell behind to batters, and he missed his spots by a lot. Multiple times I watched Sucre set up low and outside with his glove and Wright's pitch ended up high and in. That means he was missing his spot by feet. Like, measure how much he missed his spot with a yardstick. That's not good.

The bloop that Luke Voigt hit was one of those. Sucre set up low and outside, and Voigt had to collapse his arms on his swing and hit it chest high to bloop it in.

I bet you are sorry you did. My gosh be happy. The O’s won. 

Archived