Orioles Wright the Ship, win 5-3

mdbdotcom

1 hour ago, Jagwar said:

Orioles fans should thank God every day that they have never had someone as un-listenable as Waldman.

o

John Sterling is worse than Waldman ........ and yes, that is indeed possible.

o

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

I've been as brutal on Wright as anyone, but he really showed up big in the bottom of the 9th with two runners on. If he can pitch like that for one inning out of the pen, let's do it.

Mike has been brutal upon himself in the past:

7 hours ago, Carllamy said:

I watched the game on tv. Mike Wright was not good. In any way.

He fell behind to batters, and he missed his spots by a lot. Multiple times I watched Sucre set up low and outside with his glove and Wright's pitch ended up high and in. That means he was missing his spot by feet. Like, measure how much he missed his spot with a yardstick. That's not good.

The bloop that Luke Voigt hit was one of those. Sucre set up low and outside, and Voigt had to collapse his arms on his swing and hit it chest high to bloop it in.

I kinda agree with this which is why I think Wright as a starter will never work.  But if he can do one inning stints like today where its max effort and he's throwing 96 I think it can work even with how wild he is.  Would I use him in the 8th or 9th inning? No but having him turn into a decent middle reliever has value. 

15 hours ago, Carllamy said:

I watched the game on tv. Mike Wright was not good. In any way.

He fell behind to batters, and he missed his spots by a lot. Multiple times I watched Sucre set up low and outside with his glove and Wright's pitch ended up high and in. That means he was missing his spot by feet. Like, measure how much he missed his spot with a yardstick. That's not good.

The bloop that Luke Voigt hit was one of those. Sucre set up low and outside, and Voigt had to collapse his arms on his swing and hit it chest high to bloop it in.

What game were you watching. Wright handled mighty Yankees in their house under fire. Joe Rickard dropped a ball. 

13 hours ago, Jagwar said:

Orioles fans should thank God every day that they have never had someone as unlistenable as Waldman.

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

John Sterling is worse than Waldman ........ and yes, that is indeed possible.

o

24 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

Waldman is worse simply because of the sound of her voice. 

o

If I were a Yankee fan I would be in jail, because I would have killed Sterling by now for getting my hopes up so many times, only to have them dashed ........"It is high !!! It is far !!! It is deep !!! ........ and Jackie Bradley, Jr catches it about 10 feet in front of the wall."

o

13 minutes ago, weams said:

What game were you watching. Wright handled mighty Yankees in their house under fire. Joe Rickard dropped a ball. 

Rickard would have had that if Villar and Jackson weren't in the way. ?

1 hour ago, weams said:

It was a mixed bag, with good results.    Threw a few pitches nowhere near where he wanted them.     Threw a hittable pitch to Stanton that he missed.    Got unlucky with Voigt’s fly ball.   Struck out the final batter on a pretty nasty pitch.    Had several other good 96-97 mph fastballs.    I’ll take it, but the outing doesn’t convince me that Wright is going to be good consistently if we use him as a one-inning reliever.    

Just now, Frobby said:

It was a mixed bag, with good results.    Threw a few pitches nowhere near where he wanted them.     Threw a hittable pitch to Stanton that he missed.    Got unlucky with Voigt’s fly ball.   Struck out the final batter on a pretty nasty pitch.    Had several other good 96-97 mph fastballs.    I’ll take it, but the outing doesn’t convince me that Wright is going to be good consistently if we use him as a one-inning reliever.    

For me either. But to call it a bad Wright outing is not right. 

Archived