Dylan Bundy 2019

Frobby

26 minutes ago, Frobby said:

BrooksBaseball has fixed its data now: 59 four-seamers, 4 two-seamers, 17 sliders, 11 changeups and 2 curveballs.    For anyone who thought the analytics were going to cause Bundy to throw fewer fastballs, apparently not, at least for this game.   That’s a much higher percentage of fastballs than he threw last year and fewer sliders.    Of course, you can’t get too caught up in the pitch usage from one game, as it often depends on which pitches the pitcher/catcher feel are working well on a given day.   

Agreed.  Also, I don't have the sequencing data, but if he got into a lot of deep counts and wasn't getting anything on the edges of the plate, I could certainly see using relatively more fastballs in an attempt to avoid walking batters.

Just now, eddie83 said:

I don’t think this is fair with him. TJ and the shoulder issue. Who knows how much he was used in high school. 

Ok, throw Bundy out of the equation. 

I couldn’t find the “Orioles suck at developing pitching” thread so I interjected in this one. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Ok, throw Bundy out of the equation. 

I couldn’t find the “Orioles suck at developing pitching” thread so I interjected in this one. 

Have to hope that is another area we will see improvement. Hard to be any worse.  

If we can develop 2 solid AL East staters I would take it. Hard to do. 

• Upvote 1