Who else was impressed by Means today

TouchemAll

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worked fast and pitched more than 1/3 of the game.  Kept the team in the game. Tough against a heavy laden RH Yankee team in NY,  when he must have known that most any close ball/strike call would not go against the Yankees.   Solo homers rarely beat a pitcher, and he showed much promise, IMO.  

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Well walking his first batter to bring in a run wasn’t great.  But, after that and the base hit to bring in all of Bundy’s base runners, he toughened up.

He didn’t seem to trust that change in the at bat to Gardner...but after that he just was outstanding with it. 

12 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

He made Giancarlo look silly on three consecutive change ups. I'd like to see him get a chance at the fifth starter job.  Does anyone know the next game where we will need a fifth starter?

Hess on Monday.  Cashner are Tuesday.   They have both been announced.   I am guessing Karns/Yacabonis on Wed.    Cobb has been announced for the Thursday home opener.

Bleier, Wright, Fry and Arraujo are available out of the pen tomorrow.

If Elias want to add a pitcher Ramirez and Kline have both been in the minors for 10 days.

6 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hess on Monday.  Cashner are Tuesday.   They have both been announced.   I am guessing Karns/Yacabonis on Wed.    Cobb has been announced for the Thursday home opener.

Bleier, Wright, Fry and Arraujo are available out of the pen tomorrow.

If Elias want to add a pitcher Ramirez and Kline have both been in the minors for 10 days.

I'm not a big fan of the opener concept and what it ends up doing to the bullpen.  I would consider calling Rogers or Ramirez up to start Wednesday, although I don't really want to send Means down.  

Archived