How many current Orioles would not be on another ML roster?

Brion McClanahan

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Right half way decent.

But the other half is pitching.

I admit I don't get the send everyone to the minors aside of Mullins thing.  I don't get Diaz at double AA again, I don't get Sisco and Stewart at AAA.

True.  Our pitching makes me wanna Exorcist vomit.  I even "kinda" get why they want the guys to develop in the minors a little more.  But if that was their plan all along, then they should have lowered ticket prices.  The Yard is gonna be a silent graveyard this summer.  I'm predicting the lowest attendance ever.  

I'm happy baseball is back.  I enjoyed Opening Day even with the bullpen blowing the lead.  But I haven't even started my 13 game plan yet and I'm actually dreading that I renewed my plan.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

True.  Our pitching makes me wanna Exorcist vomit.  I even "kinda" get why they want the guys to develop in the minors a little more.  But if that was their plan all along, then they should have lowered ticket prices.  The Yard is gonna be a silent graveyard this summer.  I'm predicting the lowest attendance ever.  

I'm happy baseball is back.  I enjoyed Opening Day even with the bullpen blowing the lead.  But I haven't even started my 13 game plan yet and I'm actually dreading that I renewed my plan.  

I was sort of lulled into staying in my ticket group as I explained elsewhere, but I’m always happy to go to a baseball game.    

7 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I don't think Diaz needs more time at AA.  I don't think Stewart or Sisco are going to "develop" more at AAA than they would in the majors.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think Diaz needs more time at AA.  I don't think Stewart or Sisco are going to "develop" more at AAA than they would in the majors.

Agreed.  And like I mentioned the other day...imagine those four guys tearing it up in Spring Training, being sent back down to "develop" while Davis swings and misses over and over again without a hit since September.  It has to be ticking them off.  

Well, that’s your opinion.    Apparently Elias disagrees.    It’s up to these players to force management’s hand by showing they are too good for the level they’re at.    My opinion is that Diaz will prove that and be in AAA in a month or two.    The other two, we’ll see.   I’d have been happy if they were in Baltimore now, but it doesn’t bother me that they’re not.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, that’s your opinion.    Apparently Elias disagrees.    It’s up to these players to force management’s hand by showing they are too good for the level they’re at.    My opinion is that Diaz will prove that and be in AAA in a month or two.    The other two, we’ll see.   I’d have been happy if they were in Baltimore now, but it doesn’t bother me that they’re not.  

Or he has an ulterior motive.

Do you think a player like Stewart needs to spend more time in the minors?

How often does a team's top prospect repeat a level?

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think Stewart is the best prospect in our system currently?

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You seem to like spending time guessing at management’s ulterior motives.    I’m not saying they don’t have any, but we don’t know that they do and I don’t want to read much into where players are placed at the beginning of the year.   We’ll see how the season unfolds, how guys perform and when (if at all) they get promoted.    At the end of the year I might have a strong opinion about ulterior motives.     Or maybe not.   

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK I guess you mean Diaz then.

Seems like it's not that uncommon actually.  Isn't this what Toronto is doing with Guerrero this year?     He played in AAA last year.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

No.

Stewart is cooked. At this point we should be finding out if he can sink or swim in the MLB or get him off the 40 man roster. 

I don’t think Diaz needed more ABs at AA. 

You could argue that with Sisco having no options left next year that this is the last chance we have to make him a respectable C. 

Every other move so far has been total tank mode by Elias. Losing is easy to do. I’m willing to except that we’re a rebuilding club. I have no choice, but he’s botched the beginning of this season so far. I’m sorry he doesn’t get some 3 year pass from me. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

You could argue that with Sisco having no options left next year that this is the last chance we have to make him a respectable C. 

Unless I’ve missed something, Sisco has an option next year.    He’ll be out of options in 2021.

2 minutes ago, Aglets said:

OK I guess you mean Diaz then.

Seems like it's not that uncommon actually.  Isn't this what Toronto is doing with Guerrero this year?     He played in AAA last year.

No, that is not what Toronto is doing with Guerrero this year.  We all know what Toronto is doing.

In any case he only had 30 games at AAA.  Diaz has had 124 games at AA over two seasons coming into this year.

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

You seem to like spending time guessing at management’s ulterior motives.    I’m not saying they don’t have any, but we don’t know that they do and I don’t want to read much into where players are placed at the beginning of the year.   We’ll see how the season unfolds, how guys perform and when (if at all) they get promoted.    At the end of the year I might have a strong opinion about ulterior motives.     Or maybe not.   

Do you think Diaz needs to repeat AA or do you think he can learn what he needs to learn at AAA?

No, that is not what Toronto is doing with Guerrero this year.  We all know what Toronto is doing.

In any case he only had 30 games at AAA.  Diaz has had 124 games at AA over two seasons coming into this year.

Hmmm, we must be using a different definition of the word "repeat" then.  What is your definition?

Archived