Bundy has been atrocious, is his future as a closer?

Rene88

23 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

We have the promotion of a lifetime staring us in the face.

Chris Davis vs. Dylan Bundy in a simulated game

If Chris Davis can get a home run before making 9 outs he is the winner

We are looking at the worst position player in baseball vs. the worst single season starter and all time single season HR record setter (if he is allowed 25 starts). We will never see two players this bad on a ML roster ever again.

Bundy would get Davis out. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’m not going to start a new thread for this, but for me Bundy might just be the most disappointing Orioles’ player EVER.   My expectations for him were sky high.

He had a lot of injuries.  Same with Harvey. Big expectations on here but their arms gave out pretty quickly. 

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Dempsey saying he knows Bundy has 97-98 still in him.  I give him a break all the time cause he's old, folksy, a WS hero...but STFU, Dempsey.  

Perhaps mechanics can add a little but 6-7 mph?  Hell everyone should throw close to 100 then.  

1 hour ago, eddie83 said:

On a good team he is a middle reliever/spot starter. 

This is also the worst place for him to pitch. Maybe he could start in SD/SF. 

It’s like 50 degrees and no humidity in early April. And he allowed 4 homers. I don’t think the ballpark is much of an issue. His 89mph flat fastball and poor control is.

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

It’s like 50 degrees and no humidity in early April. And he allowed 4 homers. I don’t think the ballpark is much of an issue. His 89mph flat fastball and poor control is.

I think his best chance would be a less HR friendly park. Short porch here. 

Yes, it was not warm today. Just in general I think this park does not fit him.

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think his best chance would be a less HR friendly park. Short porch here. 

Yes, it was not warm today. Just in general I think this park does not fit him.

Last year Bundy allowed 22 homers in 17 games at home, 19 in 14 games on the road.    Didn’t seem to make much difference where he pitched.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Whatever judgment one might make under other circumstances, Hyde had to consider that his starters had gone 3 and 3.1 innings the two previous games, and generally, his bullpen is running on fumes.   Bundy had thrown 83 pitches entering the 6th.  I don’t fault Hyde for trying to push Bundy a little further under these circumstances.    It just didn’t work out.   

I don't agree at all.  I didn't agree when Buck did it and I don't agree today.  When a starter is done like Bundy looked in the 5th then bringing him out for the 6th does nothing for the team but allow the other team to score more runs.  It makes it hard for the offense to come but an probably was a contributing factor to Mullins not giving enough energy to stop that ball that he allowed to go to the wall.   

Bundy did not save the pen in the 6th.  It  did zero to save the pen. I knew at the end of 5 and I think half the people that were watching if not more knew he should have been pulled too.  I was saddened to see Bundy come out for the 6th.