DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

How so?

I quoted you talking about my joke.

I did remove the home run footage.

I clarified something for someone by quoting & responding to them — then the indignation of Coc shows itself again. 

Your perpetual crankiness aside, I wish you a happy mother’s day, my beloved.

3 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

I clarified something for someone by quoting & responding to them — then the indignation of Coc shows itself again. 

Your perpetual crankiness aside, I wish you a happy mother’s day, my beloved.

I have the other poster on /ignore. 

I'm reasonably sure my use of the quote feature in that situation is allowed.

He should be up. I am a fan of the new FO approach of being deliberate with the prospects and making sure they get the proper amount of ABs at each level but Stewart earned a second look based on what he did last year and I don't think he had much more development in him. Plus his OBP skills will help a team that seems allergic to drawing walks recently.

3 minutes ago, LTO's said:

He should be up. I am a fan of the new FO approach of being deliberate with the prospects and making sure they get the proper amount of ABs at each level but Stewart earned a second look based on what he did last year and I don't think he had much more development in him. Plus his OBP skills will help a team that seems allergic to drawing walks recently.

Who do you drop when you bring Stewart up? Rickard? That leaves Wilkerson as the only viable CF on the team (assuming you believe he is a viable CF). Smith? Mancini? Not happening right now. 

The only way I see DJ joining the Orioles is if we deal away a corner outfielder already on the team. 

21 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Who do you drop when you bring Stewart up? Rickard? That leaves Wilkerson as the only viable CF on the team (assuming you believe he is a viable CF). Smith? Mancini? Not happening right now. 

The only way I see DJ joining the Orioles is if we deal away a corner outfielder already on the team. 

I’m afraid you’re right.   The team just isn’t aligned for a Stewart call-up right now.    I guess they could do it if they DFA’d Núñez, but that won’t happen real soon.    

19 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I don't really believe that Wilkerson is a viable CF in the first place. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Rickard isn't a MLB caliber player. But it seems like we will never be able to escape him being on the roster so at worst he can platoon with Stewart. I would give it another couple weeks but if things persist the way they are, I'd DFA Nunez, DH Mancini and give Stewart a shot in left.

1 hour ago, ShoelesJoe said:

Nunez can go wherever.  They either need to bring DJ up or trade him.  He played well when he was up last year.  He has destroyed triple A pitching this year.  He isn't getting any younger. 

1 hour ago, LTO's said:

I don't really believe that Wilkerson is a viable CF in the first place. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that Rickard isn't a MLB caliber player. But it seems like we will never be able to escape him being on the roster so at worst he can platoon with Stewart. I would give it another couple weeks but if things persist the way they are, I'd DFA Nunez, DH Mancini and give Stewart a shot in left.

Exactly.  Mancini should never be in the outfield.  I am not sure why these managers keep putting him out there. 

14 minutes ago, atomic said:

Nunez can go wherever.  They either need to bring DJ up or trade him.  He played well when he was up last year.  He has destroyed triple A pitching this year.  He isn't getting any younger. 

Meh.    It doesn’t really matter if we bring him up now, or Sept. 1, from the standpoint of his development or his future.    I agree he’s gotten as much MiL experience as he needs at this point, but it won’t kill him if he spends an extra couple of months there while we sort other things out, either.    

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Meh.    It doesn’t really matter if we bring him up now, or Sept. 1, from the standpoint of his development or his future.    I agree he’s gotten as much MiL experience as he needs at this point, but it won’t kill him if he spends an extra couple of months there while we sort other things out, either.    

It won't kill him, but it's doing him a disservice.  I also don't think it sends a good message to the other players in the minors, but I don't think means much.