DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

3 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think once we get through all these consective games they can go back to a 12 man pitching staff and add another position player.  I would think Stewart would be leading that group at this point.  

I would think so but I don't know what Elias' thought process is.  I was shocked Stewart got sent down so early in ST.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I would think so but I don't know what Elias' thought process is.  I was shocked Stewart got sent down so early in ST.

Yeah we have three straight Thursdays off so the most we need is to worry about 6 days in a row.  When Cobb is ready Lucas most likely goes down. Then on the 25th the Thursday off day I would think Stewart or another position player comes back and Scott or Wright either get sent down or DFA.

11 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Yeah we have three straight Thursdays off so the most we need is to worry about 6 days in a row.  When Cobb is ready Lucas most likely goes down. Then on the 25th the Thursday off day I would think Stewart or another position player comes back and Scott or Wright either get sent down or DFA.

You may be right. I don’t think there is any possible way that Tanner Scott gets DFA’d. But Mike Wright is always a possibility. 

I wonder what Nunez being able to throw unrestricted now means for Rio Ruiz. I like Ruiz, but he may need some time at Norfolk. His swing is long, at times, and he’s leaking on the front side often. It’s fixable, but I think he may need to go down to get consistent at bats.

I like Stewart a lot and think he’s the most ready to contribute now than any of our minor league guys, however unless Stewart can come up and get everyday playing time I’d much rather see him continue to develop in the minors where he can play everyday instead of having to spend half his time on the bench being a platoon guy.

5 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I like Stewart a lot and think he’s the most ready to contribute now than any of our minor league guys, however unless Stewart can come up and get everyday playing time I’d much rather see him continue to develop in the minors where he can play everyday instead of having to spend half his time on the bench being a platoon guy.

Do you think he is developing in the minors or just killing time?

I think what developing he has left to do needs to be done in the majors.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I’m sure there’s some combination of both going on. No doubt his biggest developmental stage has passed and I believe his ready to contribute to the big league club. I just think he would better served and so would the organization if he’s getting regular at bats and the way the roster is currently constructed in Baltimore I don’t see that happening so until a trade occurs or injury happens let’s allow him to continue to get everyday at bats in Norfolk continue  build on what he’s worked on.

Now if the Orioles don’t view him more than a platoon guy and not everyday major leaguer than get him up there now.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think so too but there’s something to be said for playing every day in AAA vs. being in a timeshare in the majors.    

15 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think so too but there’s something to be said for playing every day in AAA vs. being in a timeshare in the majors.    

Yeah but right now he could be getting ABs over Rickard and Davis. Rickard could still get ABs across the OF vs RHP. It’s a really easy fix to get him up to the MLB too. Send the extra BP arm down. I think we’re out of emergency CYA mode for innings. Now we could just get by with rotating a fresh long man. 

Alberto and Rickard bat 5th a lot of nights. I’d call Stewart up and play him everyday vs RHP and hit him between Villar, Smith, and Mancini. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, Can_of_corn said:

Still think he should be up here? Just curious. I think he will up at some point this year, but he sure isn't making the case of late.

He's batting .206 over his last 10 games (8 of 10 away from Norfolk) but has maintained his typically good K:BB ratio (8 ks to 9 walks).  

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Still think he should be up here? Just curious. I think he will up at some point this year, but he sure isn't making the case of late.

He's batting .206 over his last 10 games (8 of 10 away from Norfolk) but has maintained his typically good K:BB ratio (8 ks to 9 walks).  

Sure.