DJ Stewart 2019

Frobby

14 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Not to nitpick, but his frame looks maxed out to me and then some.  He's 6'0 feet tall (at best) and listed at 230 pounds. He's a thick body and could probably do better to slim down a little bit, if anything.  I don't see adding a bunch of muscle being beneficial for him or even realistic.  He won't be able to move. 

Mancini is the same height and listed weight as last year and yet if you look at him you realize there has been some redistribution of muscle.  Go look at Josh Bell, same thing.  I am not saying guys gain weight, I am saying that maybe the major league paycheck and training facilities allows them to become a little more honed as athletes.

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mancini is "fine"?

Hyde says he looks fine in RF. I dont think the O's are considering moving their star hitter to full time DH. Nunez is slumping. Possibly a few more weeks of a Nunez slump will force Elias' hand and call up Stewart. 

1 hour ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Mancini is the same height and listed weight as last year and yet if you look at him you realize there has been some redistribution of muscle.  Go look at Josh Bell, same thing.  I am not saying guys gain weight, I am saying that maybe the major league paycheck and training facilities allows them to become a little more honed as athletes.

But you mentioned specifically putting on muscle. DJ would do well to slim down by 15-20 pounds. He might be closer to 250 at this point. Mancini has a completely different build. 

Stewart is the one guy in Norfolk right now that I would like to see. Mountcastle can stay down and continue to work, but DJ is 25 years old. Now is the time to determine if he's going to be a contributor. Villar and Stewart hitting 1-2 and getting on base for Smith and Mancini is best case scenario right now. 

He and Mancini can share RF and DH duties. DFA Nunez. 

10 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Mancini is "fine"?

He has been improved in RF. He's only been a -1% in expected catch percentage (88 to 97%) this year after being -5 in 2018 and -3 in 2017. He's also at 0 outs above average (OAA) after being -4 last year and -6 in 2017.

This means that he's actually been fin in RF. He's not hurting the team at all.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, ChuckS said:

But you mentioned specifically putting on muscle. DJ would do well to slim down by 15-20 pounds. He might be closer to 250 at this point. Mancini has a completely different build. 

Stewart has the body he has.    He’s in decent shape, and I doubt he’s losing any weight.   He’s a decent defender.    His bat will decide whether he plays in the majors a long time or not.    

15 hours ago, WalkWithElias said:

Stewart is the one guy in Norfolk right now that I would like to see. Mountcastle can stay down and continue to work, but DJ is 25 years old. Now is the time to determine if he's going to be a contributor. Villar and Stewart hitting 1-2 and getting on base for Smith and Mancini is best case scenario right now. 

He and Mancini can share RF and DH duties. DFA Nunez. 

Tony's posted the stats that show that this would be a rather questionable move.