SAN-TAN-DARE

AJHoesnkakes

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

It’s correct.    There’s a prominent Spanish Bank called Banco Santander and that’s how it’s pronounced.

It might be correct, but I’m in Texas. Here they pronounce Blanco as Blank-o, Manchaca as Man-shack and Guadalupe as Guada-loop.

It’s San-tan-dur.

22 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

It might be correct, but I’m in Texas. Here they pronounce Blanco as Blank-o, Manchaca as Man-shack and Guadalupe as Guada-loop.

It’s San-tan-dur.

When everyone was pronouncing it wrong I thought to myself “That is a strange way to pronounce Santander. Is he from Texas?”

2 hours ago, AJHoesnkakes said:

Does that pronunciation drive anyone else nuts? Or is that actually correct?

It’s correct, Kevin Brown asked Santander himself how it sounds. The old pronunciation drove me nuts because it didn’t jive with my HS Spanish lessons, but I’d assumed incorrectly that he wanted it said that way.

32 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I am glad that Major League Baseball has made it a priority to pronounce players names correctly, and include accent marks on uniforms. We have come a long way from Bob Clemente.

o

My friend had that baseball card.

Image result for Bob Clemente 1966

o

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

It’s correct.    There’s a prominent Spanish Bank called Banco Santander and that’s how it’s pronounced.

Yup. And in the last series Jim Hunter and Mike Bordick went on and on about changing how they pronounce it: San-tan-d'air

Archived