Uh-Oh

wildcard

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Philip said:

Just remember. Gabriel Ynoa starts tomorrow...

CERA makes it a Sisco game

Pedro Severino 7 Games              21.2 Innings        9.14 ERA

Chance Sisco      2 Games              11.0 Innings        4.91 ERA

Jesus Sucre         2 Games              4.1 Innings          12.08 ERA

Austin Wynns    4 Games              8.1 Innings          5.40 ERA

5 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Exactly. I don’t see the pitching staff “coming together” for a long time. Although I did see Nate Karns threw an IP in the GCL yesterday

Was he missing bats?  If he can get his xOBA+ and FIP together, we may have a replacement for Strailey!  ⚾

I would just like to sit back and enjoy winning two consecutive games for the first time since May 6 and winning a series for the first time since April 24.   I’m not worried/hoping that this means we’re now a transformed team.    

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Eshelman and Chandler, too! 

Roch is passing along speculation that Eshelman is being called up:

There hasn’t been confirmation on Eshelman, just a tweet yesterday from @CalStateOmaha - run by a former Titan football player - saying “we are hearing on good authority” that he has been called up. The tweet included the line “if this is true ...”

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I would just like to sit back and enjoy winning two consecutive games for the first time since May 6 and winning a series for the first time since April 24.   I’m not worried/hoping that this means we’re now a transformed team.    

I wonder what the Vegas odds on a second "13-0 Redux" are? After all, the beats keep quoting Elias.

⚾⚾    ⚾

10 hours ago, wildcard said:

There might be a fly in the ointment.   Some of the changes that Elias/Hyde made may have shown up in the last two games.

Santander to right

Mancini to 1B

Alberto to 3B hitting against righties and lefties

Sisco being promoted and playing against righties/Severino vs lefties.  I know its not a strict platoon by these two guys may combine to be a good tandem at catcher.

Smith healthy.

Nunez has been there but with the other guys hitting it could be contagious.

Davis and Ruiz to the bench as backups along with Wilkerson.

Broxton and Martin providing defense up the middle.

The pitching is still bad and the will limit the wins but Eshelman may come up at some point  and Shepard is having some success as a starter in Norfolk.   Way too early to project what might happen with those two but its something to watch.

This team is supposed to lose all season.   What if it starts to win?

That’ll be good. 

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Haha. This might win the award for biggest reactionary thread ever. Even though it was in good spirit. We need wins period.

Do you know how hard it was looking that this team was going to win 45 games?

It has to be in the back of Elias and ownership’s mind about not being the worst team ever. I don’t want the negative pub holding us back from making deadline deals.  

Archived