Lotta moves

weams

I would rather see Eshelman too, but I think the team prefers Wojo’s strikeout ability.

And he was sent down for a very simple reason, he wasn’t going to be able to pitch again anyway until after the break, and by sending him down they were able to call up a fresh arm.

29 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The weak throwing arm was apparent right away, but I thought the question was going to be whether his other pluses would make that weakness tolerable, so that he could hold down CF at least for a while -- and maybe for a long time. He has fallen far and fast from that position.

That’s a shame. I sure was hoping he’d make it in the bigs.

40 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

The weak throwing arm was apparent right away, but I thought the question was going to be whether his other pluses would make that weakness tolerable, so that he could hold down CF at least for a while -- and maybe for a long time. He has fallen far and fast from that position.

All of us over a certain age saw a little bit of Al Bumbry in him (weak arm and all).

So it's disappointing.

58 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Wow, Mullins demoted?

52 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He's having a terrible year.

He's played so badly I have to wonder if he's hurt, or has some seriously messed up stuff going on in his head.  Last year he had a .671 in Baltimore, career minor league OPS prior to this year was pushing .800.  This year his overall OPS is around .500, mostly in AAA with super bounce balls.  After accounting for the balls his AAA OPS is down well over .200 points year-to-year.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

He's played so badly I have to wonder if he's hurt, or has some seriously messed up stuff going on in his head.  Last year he had a .671 in Baltimore, career minor league OPS prior to this year was pushing .800.  This year his overall OPS is around .500, mostly in AAA with super bounce balls.  After accounting for the balls his AAA OPS is down well over .200 points year-to-year.

Yep, it's one of the things I didn't expect this year.