Roy Firestone Series (vs. ANGELS, 7/27)

OFFNY

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Nothing. I was watching. But there was no play by play, and the play by play is part of the experience. Otherwise there'd be no need for announcers at all. Just set the video and you're done.

The point remains valid. Interviews over game play, By defInition, interrupt the game.

before the game or after the game. That's why they have pre-and post-game shows and not middle-of-the-inning shows

It's a three-plus hour game involving the second-worst team in baseball. Five minutes without play by play, to discuss the debut of a player who's crucially important to the future of the franchise, is a good use of time, IMO. 

15 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Wilkerson, that takes back any of the good you did closing out game 1.  ;)

Remember he got the save after misplaying a long fly into a hit that scored three Angels' runs. So he's just setting up the redemption story again.

4 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Nice play 2Bman! LOL

I don't understand. Gameday says Santander lined *out* but there was a throwing E by the 2nd baseman Rengifo. But Santander didn't reach and no one moved up on the play?

Just now, LA2 said:

I don't understand. Gameday says Santander lined *out* but there was a throwing E by the 2nd baseman Rengifo. But Santander didn't reach and no one moved up on the play?

He caught it, and tried to double up Nunez at 1st but threw the ball away, thus Nunez got to second, thus the error.

1 minute ago, LA2 said:

Line out. Threw "behind" the runner at 1B to get 2. Actually threw it to the homeplate end of the dugout! ? Villar(?) did move up didn't he?

Just now, O's84 said:

He caught it, and tried to double up Nunez at 1st but threw the ball away, thus Nunez got to second, thus the error.

Oh, ok, Gameday didn't say Nunez went to second. Not the type of mistake it usually makes.

Archived