Where’s the call-ups?

HowAboutThat

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Thank you very much. These guys are just reinstatements And recalls, not too many surprises here. I’m really interested in who will be the first timers.

The guys we have not seen this season that have a chance to be called up are Hays, Williams,  Shepherd and Hunter Cervenka.  I guess Mouncastle is possible but I don't expect him.

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The guys we have not seen this season that have a chance to be called up are Hays, Williams,  Shepherd and Hunter Cervenka.  I guess Mouncastle is possible but I don't expect him.

I’m not understand why Mountcastle is not getting a call up. I understand his defense is bad, but it can’t be that bad. And he should be worthy of a call up anyway. 

No pitchers?

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not understand why Mountcastle is not getting a call up. I understand his defense is bad, but it can’t be that bad. And he should be worthy of a call up anyway. 

No pitchers?

Why do you say his defense is bad?  He wouldn't be playing Short if he got called up.

4 minutes ago, Philip said:

No pitchers?

Shepherd and Crevenka are pitchers.

Maybe Mountcastle does get the call.  I personally don't want to start his clock.

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I expect Mountcastle. For a rebuilding team to have the International League Player of the Year and not call him up would squander a chance for him to get a taste of the big leagues and for fans to get a look at him. He may not play much, but he'll be interviewed and displayed and he'll get a feel for playing at this level. Even if he starts next season in Norfolk, bringing him up would be a lift for Mountcastle, the team and the fans.

Archived