Austin Hays called up

Luke-OH

15 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

I didn't see him out there during batting practice though, but he might have already been in the clubhouse.

Thanks.  

I'm more confused now though.  I thought he got the call up because he couldn't play in AFL.  This tweet says otherwise.

42 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

And stay healthy. Would be awesome if 2/3 of next year’s outfield is Hays and Santander. And Mancini gets shifted to 1B/DH.

Hard to imagine things not starting out that way. No reason to think Hays wouldn't do well in ST considering the nature of it all and all the minor leaguers that will be pitching to him. I mean, we really don't have anyone to compete with him for CF and I don't consider Wilkerson an option. It is a little concerning that Hays has struggled against major league pitching thus far in his career, so his performance this month should supply some much needed information. Still much too early to say anything for sure, though. Certainly, staying healthy is a must and another concern. He still has a lot to prove, but the time has certainly come for him to do so especially next season.

• Upvote 1