Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If only they would say what team is possible, we could bombard @Luke-OH with requests on who they should get back.

I'm ready, I'll take a break from my Rule 5 slog. I'm at the part where I have to narrrow down 150 possibilities to 50 for my preference list. The least fun part.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

You have to wonder what the original tweet actually means. Are the O's working with multiple teams and about to settle on the best offer? Have they agreed in principal, with physicals to come? Is it done and they're just notifying all of the various players moving back and forth? If it's not one of those three scenarios, is it just speculation?

Just now, OrioleDog said:

Ooooh....I am hoping for the Brewers to reallocate Urias to replace Davies in their rotation with Bundy as principal.  

That's a really interesting idea, I wouldn't think Bundy is worth Urias, but with the return SD got for him, he's not being valued as a 55 FV prospect, so maybe. 

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

I'm ready, I'll take a break from my Rule 5 slog. I'm at the part where I have to narrrow down 150 possibilities to 50 for my preference list. The least fun part.

I'm hoping Sterling Sharp is high on the list. He seems like a guy who can fit both ideas, help a little now but also have some long term upside. 

1 minute ago, 7Mo said:

I'm hoping Sterling Sharp is high on the list. He seems like a guy who can fit both ideas, help a little now but also have some long term upside. 

He's going to be on the 50, I don't know where yet, it's so hard to sort through the names until I've narrowed it down. It's tricky because you have a AAA reliever who has major league middle relief stuff and performance that projects to MLB success, albiet as a low end option vs a guy who might be a regular in 3 years but is going to have to wear it for a year when he's not ready and then go back to the minors for a year. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

You have to wonder what the original tweet actually means. Are the O's working with multiple teams and about to settle on the best offer? Have they agreed in principal, with physicals to come? Is it done and they're just notifying all of the various players moving back and forth? If it's not one of those three scenarios, is it just speculation?

They might have an agreement with two or more teams and are seeing which team offers what player.

Usually an "imminent" trade has an agreement and just need physicals/informing the players.

• Thanks 1