Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

5 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Zach Brown couldn't be any more than a throw-in, as he is eligible to be picked in the Rule 5 draft and can't be added to the 40-man roster beforehand.

Good point. Was going off MLB pipeline and being lazy. What's weird is that he's the 3rd best in Milwaukee's system on both fangraphs and Pipeline. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

If Davies can repeat his 2017 season they're basically the same pitcher. If it's an upgrade it's marginal. Davies is also a year younger. 

I'm not making this up, I'm just quoting the only statistical projection out for 2020 at this point. If you want to give an eye test reason why that's mistaken, I'm all for it. But IMO the eye test supports Bundy over Davies. 

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The best chance to sell Bundy for a good return is when the acquiring team gets him for two pennant runs.   That probably means he goes before August 1st.    

I believe his suitors classify him as a better 6-month asset than a 2-month asset, and there's more risk than reward for the Orioles in holding him for the first half because an injury is far more likely than enough of a performance jump to increase his trade value.  The kind of teams that want him are playing pennant chase baseball on Opening Day.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

You have to compare Bundy to how the rest of the league pitched in 2019 and by that measure he was a league average starter with a 99 ERA+.  A 21 point improvement over Bundy's 2018 season. 

99+ is technically below average so I was correct ?

I’m kidding, I see the context. I guess the teams dreadful production as a whole has a negative effect on how I perceive everyone’s individual contributions. Also I really don’t want to get myself excited about what could come back potentially considering I’ve had a lot of disappointments in that regard the past couple seasons. Plus I still like Bundy whether he’s good or bad so I’d hate to see him leave for nothing.

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

In rookie ball.

???

He's a prized prospect. I like Bundy, but Abrams will be a top 100 guy really soon, if not this year. He might have to put up a year before BA etc. recognize him, but he's a top level guy who has a chance to be one of the top prospects in the sport in a year or two.