Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

Moving on to the next domino, here's guesses at roles for Bundy on 2020 teams.

As #1 starter: Blue Jays

As #2 starter: Phillies, Brewers

As #3 starter: White Sox, Twins, Nationals

As #4 starter: Astros, Angels, Rangers, Braves, Cardinals

As CBT-friendly #4 starter: Red Sox

As #5 starter: Cubs   I don't really think this role exists anymore, but the Cubs have Darvish/Hendricks/Quintana/Lester and have been public about browsing for a 2nd Tier FA starter, so Bundy could be in their mix.

The incumbent 4th starters in Atlanta (Bryse Wilson or Kyle Wright assuming Newcomb is RP now), and the AL West (HOU Urquidy, LAA Sandoval, TEX Allard) are kind of an interesting basket of even-up scenarios with guys who can both pitch some 2020 innings and might be good in 2022 and beyond.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Additional evidence of the still lingering Jake Arrieta effect...i.e. Orioles screw them up, we can fix them.   You would have thought Kevin Gausman would have put a crimp in that...but, I guess not.   

I doubt it’s that.  Starting pitching that is above replacement level and is cheap is hard to find.  Bundy fits every teams budget.  

Just now, atomic said:

I doubt it’s that.  Starting pitching that is above replacement level and is cheap is hard to find.  Bundy fits every teams budget.  

And maybe...in the back of their mind somewhere, maybe just maybe  they can  fix that HR rate.  Arrieta was a lot cheaper than Bundy when we dealt him. But then Bundy is a much better pitcher than Arrieta was for us . 

25 minutes ago, section18 said:

With higher and deeper fences he could easily have won 10-12 games and with a better pen I can see him winning14-15 games for a number of teams. He is a very underrated pitcher who will excel with the right team. Hopefully Elias won't give him away.

Any acquiring team will not even look at his win-loss record, virtually if not absolutely meaningless to player evaluation. 

The analysis goes way past that stuff now. A team could take a years worth of batted ball data and come up with an ERA estimate in their home park with their defense.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, weams said:

He should be popular. He’s the type of regular season guy that a lot of the big time clubs need. Steady, durable, will keep you in games, and eat innings. 

I know baseball has changed, but he’s similar to when we traded for Bud Norris. That return was Hoes, Hader, and a comp pick. We won’t get that, but I see Bundy getting moved.