Orioles trading Bundy?

Legend_Of_Joey

I think the return will have to be big for Elias to move Bundy.   I doubt  teams offer what Elias wants.   

I think their is a better chance he is traded in July when Bundy may have put up better numbers for half a season and some of the Norfolk guys will hopefully be ready.

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think the return will have to be big for Elias to move Bundy.   I doubt  teams offer what Elias wants.   

I think their is a better chance he is traded in July when Bundy may have put up better numbers for half a season and some of the Norfolk guys will hopefully be ready.

I just don't know how much more value Bundy could potentially have in July versus now.  This is the perfect time to trade Bundy.  At the deadline teams weren't giving a lot up for #4 types that they didn't want to have to start in a playoff game, but there is value in that #4 type now.  Bundy can give you innings for 162 games versus just August-playoff time.  That's valuable.  

3 hours ago, wildcard said:

I think the team is trying to save money.  I expect Bundy to be traded before the start of the season. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Kyle Gibson got 3/30 from Texas.  I think Bundy is pretty comparable to him, and coming off a better season.  Bundy should provide a team $10 million in excess value over the two years he is under team control.  We all just saw how much $10 million means.  

Not to mention, much younger.

1/18 for Hamels, and the breaking reports of >$100M for Wheeler have to help here.

After putting Hamels in ATL-04 and Wheeler in PHI-02, I now show 21 Open Chairs (Top 4 SP roles on 2020 aspirants) Bundy might occupy.  We're down to five FA SP obviously better (Cole/Stras/Ryu/MadBum/Keuchel), and Pineda/Porcello/Roark who are maybe about the same for next year.  Four of those are squishy Toronto roles - that's a club I'm curious to see which fork in the road they take.

I think Danny Duffy's all washed up, so Tigers Matt Boyd probably only rival as medium-good, medium-term SP among our deep rebuild cohort.

42 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

1/18 for Hamels, and the breaking reports of >$100M for Wheeler have to help here.

After putting Hamels in ATL-04 and Wheeler in PHI-02, I now show 21 Open Chairs (Top 4 SP roles on 2020 aspirants) Bundy might occupy.  We're down to five FA SP obviously better (Cole/Stras/Ryu/MadBum/Keuchel), and Pineda/Porcello/Roark who are maybe about the same for next year.  Four of those are squishy Toronto roles - that's a club I'm curious to see which fork in the road they take.

I think Danny Duffy's all washed up, so Tigers Matt Boyd probably only rival as medium-good, medium-term SP among our deep rebuild cohort.

Minor quibble, but you have him as a top 3 for Washington.  I don’t think they would place him above Sanchez, Corbin, and Scherzer.  Or at least give up assets to acquire him.  They also have Ross, Voth, and Fedde who are out of options.  Maybe at the deadline, but I just don’t see the interest there this offseason.

White Sox just missed out on Wheeler even with a higher offer.  I think they are trying to make a push next season and have the talent on the offensive side.  They need the pitching though to compete so they may have to make a move in a trade if they can't get any in free agency. They have some prospects but a lot of them outfielders which is one position we have a bunch of prospects as well. 

2 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Minor quibble, but you have him as a top 3 for Washington.  I don’t think they would place him above Sanchez, Corbin, and Scherzer.  Or at least give up assets to acquire him.  They also have Ross, Voth, and Fedde who are out of options.  Maybe at the deadline, but I just don’t see the interest there this offseason.

Bundy is an easy bet to be better than Sanchez in 2020.