Tanner Scott - breakout candidate?

Luke-OH

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I would have loved Mayo to get reps at 1B in 2023.  
    • I'd love for Mayo to get reps at 1B. 
    • I generally agree with this. However, Mayo reportedly got extra pre-game practice at first yesterday and when he entered the game he played 1B with Rivera sticking at 3B.  So those positions could be flipped in your left pitcher lineup. 
    • Forget .300, the O's don't even have somebody hitting 285. Gunnar is the closest at 282.  You look around the AL competitive teams, here are their hitters batting 280 or more: Yankees: Judge (321), Soto (285) Red Sox: Yoshida (290), Wong (287), Duran (287), Refsnyder (284) Twins: Correa (310), Miranda (292) Royals: Witt (331), Fermin (286)...Perez is close at 275 Astros: Alvarez (308), Diaz (301), Altuve (301), Pena is close at 271 The Tigers have none. The Mariners have none. The best hitters AVG wise on the O's this year:  Gunnar - 282 Westburg - 269 Mountcastle - 265 Adley - 254 O'Hearn - 254 Cowser - 242 Santander - 241 Mullins - 233 And it's not like this team is a patient team.  I think the issue here is the young guys are doing what young guys do. They struggle. Cowser was gangbusters, then bad, then gangbusters, then bad. Holliday was bad, gangbusters, now he's bad. Mayo has just been bad. And the top of the lineup rarely hits on all cylinders. It's like 1 of them hit each day and that's it. 
    • I was shocked when he wasnt claimed the first time so good news for him that he gets to continue pitching in the MLB I guess. Elias clearly only saw him as AAA depth at this point .
    • Would have much rather kept Irvin in the system over Burch Smith or Kimbrel. I hated when they DFAd him the first time, and disliked it a second time.  It wouldn't shock me to see Cole Irvin have a longer, effective career from here on out than Trevor Rogers, for example. 
    • I understand keeping Kimbrel as a face-saving move. But why Smith? Is he a guy you want to use with anything on the line? Is there a belief he can be made over to help after this year?
  • Popular Contributors