Mancini avoids arbitration, signs for $4.75M

MurphDogg

16 hours ago, NCRaven said:

In a recent MLBTR chat, the moderator explained that while the algorithm is usually a pretty good indicator, there could be circumstances that could cause it to under or overestimate an amount.  They admitted that Mancini was likely to come in under their projection.  Right handedness and below average defense in the outfield and teams lack of desire for that skill set lowered his value.

11 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

I hope the O’s are smart enough to play him at 1st not in the OF. 

Here’s a conspiracy theory for ya.   Stay the course with Mancini (playing him mainly in the OF) while the O’s are non contenders in order to suppress his future value.   Is it really so much different than holding back the time clock on prospects?

4 hours ago, weams said:

Dylan Bundy settled for 5 million. Angels.

That figure sounds reasonable to me.  It remains to be seen if the haul we got for Dylan will materialize, but we would be hard-pressed to find a similar replacement at that dollar figure IMO.  I am satisfied with the lottery projects we received back, however.

On 1/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, JimGinSP said:

Here’s a conspiracy theory for ya.   Stay the course with Mancini (playing him mainly in the OF) while the O’s are non contenders in order to suppress his future value.   Is it really so much different than holding back the time clock on prospects?

I have no idea.

Mancini, Bundy, and Villar all seem to be steals at their arb salaries, but that’s the nature of arb. Plus, Villar and Bundy weren’t going to be here when we’d be competing, so it would’ve just been wasted value and money. 

Mancini’s 4.75 figure has to make him that much more attractive at the deadline and overall in general as a trade chip. Mancini is essentially on a 3/30ish type contract while around his prime.