Video of Altuve

Uli2001

21 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Kiley McDaniel with a long piece at FG:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/whats-next-for-the-astros/

His characterization of Elias's AGM portfolio as "everything but the MLB team" and a pioneering structure was a new perspective to me.  And if we worry about brain drain of our guys, it is a good point Stearns in Milwaukee may be ahead of our ex-Astros if they try to woo someone back.  He's accomplished more and come closer to finishing a job with his starter team.

Pretty interesting piece overall.

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, Frobby said:

This actually might be the biggest black eye baseball has had since the Black Sox scandal.    It’s really tarnished the game.   

It’s the first time I can remember the national media talking about baseball in January.  

On 1/17/2020 at 2:43 PM, OrioleDog said:

Kiley McDaniel with a long piece at FG:

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/whats-next-for-the-astros/

His characterization of Elias's AGM portfolio as "everything but the MLB team" and a pioneering structure was a new perspective to me.  And if we worry about brain drain of our guys, it is a good point Stearns in Milwaukee may be ahead of our ex-Astros if they try to woo someone back.  He's accomplished more and come closer to finishing a job with his starter team.

The article doesn’t say much of anything. Streams has a presidents job with Brewers so he isn’t going anywhere. Says how just about everyone is gone but says the Astros job is desirable as they have great infrastructure in place.  Which one is it.  Seems like all they have left is a 30 year old kid who graduated from WVU.  

Why would Stearns even want to back there.  They lost draft picks and their farm system isn’t great and has a scandal about it. I think they need an outside GM who is experienced and has a good reputation and they need to clean house.

On 1/17/2020 at 5:25 PM, Frobby said:

I love a good Rom-Com.     Depending how you want to define them, here are some of my favorites:

When Harry Met Sally

Sleepless in Seattle

It Happened One Night

Adam’s Rib

Silver Linings Playbook

Enough Said

The Big Sick

The Philadelphia Story

Bringing Up Baby

Moonstruck

As you can see, I like mixing in the real oldies.

I wish I could unsee this. The horror...

I was expecting to see some of the players getting suspensions.  I thought after the managers getting in trouble, that would come down next.

I suppose it'd be hard for them to suspend practically the entire team but...it seems that some players should go down, too.  I dunno how to quantify how many games they should lose but it's a bit ridiculous that they won't be getting any penalties.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, atomic said:

Have to give the Astros credit they didn’t cancel their fan fest and Bregman and Altuve didn’t make up excuses not to attend.  Even under an embarrassing scandal they are better the Orioles under every day conditions.

I usually don't disagree with you. Here I do. So you think being a cheating organization is less important than Fanfest and a few players showing up? I don't. If I was an Astros fan, which I'm not, I wouldn't let my kids anywhere near the cheaters. Fanfest or not.

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was expecting to see some of the players getting suspensions.  I thought after the managers getting in trouble, that would come down next.

I suppose it'd be hard for them to suspend practically the entire team but...it seems that some players should go down, too.  I dunno how to quantify how many games they should lose but it's a bit ridiculous that they won't be getting any penalties.

They should suspend the players but stagger them. The players were involved too, they committed the crime, they should get a suspension too. 

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

They should suspend the players but stagger them. The players were involved too, they committed the crime, they should get a suspension too. 

Let's say one of the players involved, a pitcher, now plays for another team, say the Athletics.  Wouldn't you be hurting the Athletics if you were to suspend this hypothetical player?

You can't just suspend the ones that still play for the Astros right?

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let's say one of the players involved, a pitcher, now plays for another team, say the Athletics.  Wouldn't you be hurting the Athletics if you were to suspend this hypothetical player?

You can't just suspend the ones that still play for the Astros right?

People know right from wrong. Suspend people that participated in the cheating.