2nd round of cuts?

wildcard

Here is my guess:

Probably  Monday's off day::

Pitchers reassigned: Alvarado,  Hunter Cervenka, Diplan, Shepherd, Zastryzny   Optioned: Lakins

Catcher: reassigned: Rutschman, Martin Cervenka

Infielder: optioned: Urias

Outfielder: optioned: McKenna

• Upvote 2

What happened to Shepherd, anyway? He started the first game of ST and then I don't think we've seen him since? 

Agree with the OP in terms of players. We gotta get a lot of these pitchers out of here. 

I could see Herrera get sent out since he's on a MiLB deal, although I really like him. Urena, too. 

I have a question sort of off topic. Interloper mentioned that Hess was mostly 94. In 2018 the average fastball from a major league starter was 92.3 and relievers was 93.4. So yesterday Hess has plenty of velocity. So what is it? I would say even with velocity you have to "know how to pitch." Even guys throwing upper 90s have to keep it out of the middle of the plate. Is it lack of a quality 2nd and 3rd pitch? 

8 minutes ago, zjsmith said:

I have a question sort of off topic. Interloper mentioned that Hess was mostly 94. In 2018 the average fastball from a major league starter was 92.3 and relievers was 93.4. So yesterday Hess has plenty of velocity. So what is it? I would say even with velocity you have to "know how to pitch." Even guys throwing upper 90s have to keep it out of the middle of the plate. Is it lack of a quality 2nd and 3rd pitch? 

I'd say movement and command morseo than "know how to pitch".  If "know how to pitch" was that important you would see more vets hang on with mediocre stuff.

I'm still intrigued by the whole Hess offseason narrative of "I'm doing what John Means did" and "I'm tweaking my delivery to get better use out of my massive legs" (I think he's a quadzilla). What happened to all that? I can't believe that we haven't seen any change (improvement or otherwise) to his game.

7 hours ago, wildcard said:

Here is my guess:

Probably  this weekend:

Pitchers reassigned: Alvarado,  Hunter Cervenka, Diplan, Shepherd, Zastryzny   Optioned: Lakins

Catcher: reassigned: Rutschman, Martin Cervenka

Infielder: optioned: Urias

Outfielder: optioned: McKenna

I don’t disagree with this. Shepherd  was one of my roster choices...boohoo...

31 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

I'm still intrigued by the whole Hess offseason narrative of "I'm doing what John Means did" and "I'm tweaking my delivery to get better use out of my massive legs" (I think he's a quadzilla). What happened to all that? I can't believe that we haven't seen any change (improvement or otherwise) to his game.

Sisco and Mullins both also said they went to hitting camps and made adjustments. Haven’t seen much change or improvement either.